Monday, August 17, 2015

Art, Fire, Reading

#15, #16, #17

Art
Art on the ceiling of the Los Angeles City Library
Downtown at the Hope Street Main Library



Fire
At my house, there is no fire place.  There is no fire pit or chimenia.  If I ever move again, I think a fire place will be a non-negotiable item in my new house.
Like this Tudor kitchen fire place.



Reading
I own  a Kindle and I do read books on it.
But truly, I prefer to hold a book in my hand or on my lap while I am reading it.
Books are treasures waiting for me to pick them up and read them


4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oooo... LOVE the ceiling art-what a great idea! Wonderful open-fire. We have a small fireplace, which we use a good bit during the winter month--love having a fireplace! FUN to see your shelf of special books. Big Tolkien fan here too. ;o) A book in hand is still the most... but I do love my iPad with Kindle app for reading and have accumulated a lot of favorites in digital form now too. I like how you're taking a few of the photo prompts/ideas in one go... It is a challenging doing this August Break daily! ((HUGS))

Faith said...

I LOVE that art work depicted in your library! It reminds me a little bit of the art work in the Metro in Paris where art students decorated the ceilings and walls rather than the graffiti we see here in the States. I too love reading a "REAL" book!! I like the scent of old books, of a crisp new book, curling up with my iPad is just NOT the same :)

Enjoy your day!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I agree with you - my next house is having a fire place! Love them. I also have a Kindle, but mostly ready real paper and ink books. Like you, I just love the feel of them. Have a great week.

ellen b said...

Yes, I don't think I can ever give up holding a book in my hands!