Thursday, August 06, 2015

Early August Faves

Friday Fave Fives for August, Edition 1.  Thanks to Susanne as usual for hosting Friday Fave Five.

1.  We have air conditioning!  Finally installed.  I think that's all I need to say, right?

2.  On Sunday afternoon, we attended a Red Egg and Ginger Party.  Friends have adopted a little girl from China and chose to introduce Grace in this way.  It was a wonderful celebration and we were delighted to be part of it.

3.  Our daughter in law drove over for the weekend because she is the older sister's godmother, and so we saw her too!


4.  Coffee time with a good friend, The Blueberry Lady :)  We've been besties for a great many years and it's almost like having a sister.  We just hang out and don't have to explain anything.

5.  One day four of us from our artists group decided to get a field trip to Santa Paula's wonderful little art museum.  The exhibition of John Nava's paintings and tapestries was just incredible.  It's amazing to me that a small Southern California town has such a wonderful art museum.  I've been hearing from my friends for years what a great museum it is and I have to agree.

How has your week gone?  What little or large events have blessed you this week?


10 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, how lovely--a little girl from China has a new home--very exciting for your friends!! Fun that it became friends & family celebration time! WOW--just dazzled by John Nava's art work... truly spectular! Thank you for sharing that link, as I'd not heard/seen of him before. It's been a week of all sorts here, so I'm thankfully for a calm, slow weekend now. ;o) Happy Days, Willow ((HUGS))

Barbara H. said...

Hurray for AC! I honestly don't know if I could survive without it. I know I couldn't get much done without it.

The party to introduce a new daughter sounds like a lovely event. Glad you got to visit with an old friend as well. The museum sounds interesting.

Gattina said...

Congratulations to the AC ! This year we would need one too, but that's the first time since ages that it is so hot !

Susanne said...

What a blessing to have a friend like that! That is worth it's weight in gold! Yay for AC! A fun way to introduce a new daughter!

ellen b said...

Woohoo! Air conditioning! Would you believe we are talking about getting air conditioning, too. Sounds like you had lots of good people time this week. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hooray for air conditioning!

The art museum sounds like a delight. Makes me wish Santa Paula were closer!

Enjoy your weekend, Willow.

Jerralea said...

So glad you got air conditioning! Everyone should have it, I think. :)

It's wonderful to have a friendship such as you describe with the Blueberry Lady. Glad you were able to get together this week.

I would love to see that art museum!

Faith said...

Congrats to your friends on adopting their little girl from China! I've never heard of that kind of party! I couldn't have survived last week without our central air!! over this past weekend (last Friday, a week ago) the high humidity and heat wave finally broke and it has been perfect temps again. HALLELUIA!! high 70s and no humidity and windows wide open. my fave. I love friendships like the one you described here.

That art museum looks awesome...my oldest and I would love it!

Happy Weekend!

Susan said...

I loved reading your post "August Break #7" as well as this week's FFF. The more I get to know about you, the more I want to know. I love your emphasis on simplicity, faith, family, and the arts. Thanks so much for sharing some of your life with us. Have you ever written a book about your time as a missionary?

Hurray on an ac. I know that I would be positively miserable with one as I get GROUCHY when I am hot. Not a very nice confession, eh?

And hurray for Grace's introduction to a new circle of friends. What a clever way to invite evryone to get to know her (by way of a Red Egg and Ginger party).

nikkipolani said...

Isn't that the joy of good friends? Not having to explain too much? You've had some lovely gatherings this week. And that A/C? Oh, yes!!!