1. This past weekend I spent both Saturday and Sunday spinning at a historical adobe site. Each autumn, Reyes Adobe in Agoura Hills celebrates with a two day (or more) festival. Reyes Adobe is one of the loveliest simple original adobe homes left in Southern California. Each year, our spinning and weaving guild is invited to demo our craft at the site. Truly, we are given The Best Spot for our demos. We're on a patio under an arbor with a covering of grapes vines. The staff is fantastic and the visitors are friendly and interested in what we are doing. In addition, I am
2. This week, I received a letter in the mail from a former student. Occasionally, we correspond because his mother asked me to please keep in touch with him. I had sent him a postcard from one of our recent trips, and he responded right away. It's obvious he is thriving in his writing and other interests. It does a teacher's heart good to know her students are doing well.
3. I finished the last of the seventeen scarves I am sending to be included in a holiday give away for homeless people in the LA area. They're all boxed and ready to be sent off. More stash used up!
4. A long hike. The Professor and I decided to finally drive up the coast to Summerland and hike the trails that I did with a group a couple of years ago. I remembered most of it, but when we decided to take the shorter way back to the town from the mountains behind, we evidently turned the wrong way on one trail and ended up, and I do mean UP, the mountain which added an extra two miles to our hike. Really, it was fun.
You can't really tell from the photo, but way out there beyond the orchard on the hill is the Pacific Ocean. That's where we started. If you were in downtown Summerland looking up at the mountains, you'd be looking where I am standing to take the photo (about a 500 ft rise).
5. On the way home, we stopped and had my phone fixed. Yeah, I dropped it and broke the screen. The fix wasn't cheap, but the fix-it guy is local, and we were happy with his price and his work.
Since I have my photos available, here are some bonus pictures just for fun.