It may be the last week of October, but our weather here in Southern California doesn't seem to get the meaning of the word 'autumn'. We had triple digits temperatures and HOT HOT east winds. It certainly made me thankful for air conditioning. I can think of so many other things to be thankful for--like laughter and friends and good deals. Here my Friday Fave Fives for the end of October.
1. What made you laugh this week? Laughter is good medicine! Seeing a pumpkin sitting on a pillar next to the freeway made me I'm used to smiling at the bell on the side of El Camino Real (Hwy 101) as we drive past, but this week, we saw the carved pumpkin grinning at all the commuters and just laughed out loud.
2. That phone fiasco that was fixed? We had a little problem with my phone again (it got it fixed right away and all is well). When I made a call to my brother and left a message, the phone couldn't hang up because the screen was blacked out. So I just kept on talking and telling him silly things. Made me laugh.
3. On Saturday we met dear family friends for lunch half way between their house and ours. We've known them since we first moved to Los Angeles. They are like family and they wanted us to meet so we could meet 'J's girlfriend'. We love this family!
4. Years ago, Dr. Mike gave us a gift card which he decided he wasn't going to use. I saved it, forgot about it and then found it again. This week, I took to the store, found out it had $20 on it. When I checked around the store, I found a sweater on sale for $22. With tax, I paid less than $4 for it!
5. World's Best Neighbor called me and said, "Want tea at the tea shop?" She had an errand there, so we enjoyed a cuppa and a scone. I love those spontaneous 'let's do it' times.