Again,last week I missed posting anything. I didn't even put up any Friday Fave Fives. The reason is that my computer screen LED light died. My computer works, but I can't see anything on it. [insert sad face emoji]
We have been traveling again this week. But I want to be sure to check in with Friday Fave Fives if I get nothing else posted.
1. So my first blessing of this week is that I have a new laptop computer. The Professor checked, used his magic hands, but in the end, he determined that even having a new light installed was not cost effective. The local computer store had a model I liked, so I got it AND got the sale price for it.
2. I am so thankful for a husband who knows computers, having been a university lecturer in Computer Science for many years. After we brought home the new computer, he went to work setting everything in order and beginning to move the files over from the old one. That task is mostly finished now. It has been interrupted somewhat by our road trip.
3. That's my third blessing. We drove north from Southern California to Northern (truly Northern) California so The Professor can join some of his classmates for a reunion at his high school in Humboldt County. (If you don't know where Humboldt County is, think almost to Oregon along the Pacific Ocean Coast. )
4. Faves Four and Five reflect back to the week before when we spent a week in the mid-Atlantic area (think Washington D.C, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia) on the East Coast of the US visiting with our youngest daughter and her family. Mostly, we simply enjoyed sharing their daily lives, but we were able to visit a few historical spots like Annapolis and Baltimore inner harbor. Incidentally, there are excellent independent coffee shops and unique book stores in the area.
5. We arranged our schedule so we would (almost) be there to celebrate our granddaughter's birthday. Although it was a few days early, we had dinner and a cake and gave her her gift in person.
Did you notice--no photos? Yeah, that part of the computer will be set up soon. I hope.
Happy Weekend! We will be traveling south, waving at San Francisco...