1. Women's Brunch at church. Yummy food and encouragement from two women who spoke to us. I love spending time with my friends laughing, eating, praising, and encouraging each other.
2. All the murder mysteries. My sister-in-law loaned me her Kindle with three THREE! mysteries by a new-to-me author. I've been having a great time reading through them.
3. Rain! This week we had our first rain since May. Oh I love the sound and smell of the rain. And maybe, just maybe, the rain will help end 'fire season' here in Southern California.
4. A day in Los Angeles. The Professor's oldest (as in longest--since he was one and his friend was three) friend and his wife met us at LA's Union Station and we visited The Last Book Store in Down Town Los Angeles (DTLA). I have known them since I was eighteen and had his friend as an English prof in college. Anyway, it was so much fun to spend the day with them!
5. And of course there are other iconic DTLA places to visit like Grand Central Market for lunch Bradbury Building, Central Library and Angel's Flight (the funicular rail cars going up and down Bunker Hill). The Professor and his friend remember these places from their childhood, growing up in Los Angeles and riding on Angel's Flight on their way to the central library or the market. It was a day filled with memories for them.
Bonus: Son #2 has been traveling the globe this past week. Knowing his schedule, I checked his flights and destinations