Happy Friday! Friday Faves Fives time. And it's almost Christmas!
1. A hike in the Santa Monica Mountains. According to The Professor's app, we walked 3.32 miles and almost none of it was level. It was a good workout with beautiful scenery.
2. Christmas letter is written and printed. We are ALMOST finished folding, stuffing, licking, and stamping. And it's not even Christmas Eve yet.
3. Another Christmas concert. Two friends performed in the concert Sunday evening at their church in Thousand Oaks. The program was Christmas music through history. Sussex Carol, J.S. Bach, Charles Wesley, G.F. Handel, Schubert, Mendelssohn, Matt Redman. It was wonderful!
4. Christmas music playing at home and in the car. What's your favorite carol? (I don't think I could choose although Mary, Did You Know? is high on my list along with O Holy Night and Silent Night.)
5. Bluegrass Christmas Campfire. A young mom in our church (and I'm her mentor mom) sings in a Bluegrass band. She invited us over for an evening of music around the campfire last night. We bundled up, grabbed World's Best Neighbor and headed over to listen. Lots of little kids running around. Mugs of hot chocolate and spiced cider. Christmas songs played on banjos, bass, guitars and harmonicas. It was heavenly, under the stars and around the fire. And my jacket smells like wood smoke this morning.
I am so blessed and thankful for this wonderful Christmas season!