1. Our Mom to Mom group met this week. It's a ministry in our church for young moms. Each month we have a speaker and this month my college friend Sue Moore Donaldson from Welcome Heart spoke on hospitality. Geared for young moms, it still inspired me to be more hospitable. And it was fun to catch up with an old college friend.
2. Then I received two encouraging texts from a couple of moms about the presentation. Yay!
3. Tangerines! My tree is bursting with them. Yum!
4. I am happy to be staying mostly on point with my 2020 goals and specifically my January goals. I've started a fun pair of socks, and I am forging ahead with the leftover sock yarn afghan. The afghan is growing--right now there are more than 100 squares.
5. An extra long walk. A friend and I walked the creek that flows through our town (usually it's a dry arroyo). We forgot that the gate near where we parked our cars was locked, and so we "had" to walk part way back up the path to the place where we could get off the path and walk back to the car. We didn't mind the extra mile--it just gave us more time to talk!
This is what the creek looks like after a rain storm.
What made you slow down this week to say "Thanks"?