Did you know that the Spring equinox is this weekend? In my time zone, spring will arrive at 11:48 tonight! Today the weather is celebrating with sunshine (and a lot of wind thrown in for 'interest'). Since it is also Friday, I am celebrating Spring with Friday Fave Fives, my weekly collection of examples of gratitude. This is the link to join Susanne and others in being thankful on Fridays.
1. This is my birthday week. Yes, I was born on St. Patrick's Day! I appreciate how people celebrate my birthday with parades and parties and green things like beer and shamrocks. Here at Willow's Cottage, we enjoyed a meal together. All my family called or came by. One of my favorite things is that my six year old grandgirl informed me that March 17th is not St. Patrick's birthday; it's the day he died. (She looked up that information on her own!)
2. Lots of cards from friends. I love receiving snail mail. Oh! And a package, too!
3. A week can't go by without my being happy for hikes. In fact, we did two hikes as well as a couple of shorter trail walks. On Sunday we explored Infirmary Mound Park, which is a 316 acre park that includes a prehistoric Hopewell mound.
Then on Wednesday, we visited the arboretum and hiked on the east side which is described as for 'our more adventurous visitors'. That area also has a pre-historic mound.
4. My younger daughter and I "attended" a baby shower for one of her life long friends. "Attended" means it was a zoom shower. Mom-to-be's mother lives even farther away than we do, so there were people from all over the US attending the shower. Yes, that is the baby for whom I made that hoodie sweater (I'll have to ask her for a picture!). I'm so glad we were able to celebrate with this sweet family.
5. The garden progresses! I love being surprised by what shows up in this garden. I have positive identification on three flowers. Crocus. Yes. Daffodils. Yes. Tulips. Yes.
And here is a bonus. A bit of St. Patrick's Day humor.