Yes, yesterday was Thanksgiving Day in the US. This has been a week of great blessing here at Willow's Cottage. Blessings and Thanksgiving! I am sharing this with others who join us with Friday Fave Fives.
1. Our Arizona family and New Mexico son arrived on Monday! It was my two sons' first visit to our home. They have visited their sisters here, but neither had been able to come since we moved here.
2. Family pictures happened. Hopefully, we will have some available soon. Someone took this photo on a cell phone while we were waiting for another set. Uncle hanging with the young ones.
3. Thanksgiving Day! Dinner with ALL the family for the first time in a decade. (We also were able to host a couple from our Bible Study class.) And yes, we were so busy and having so much fun that we never took a single picture of our wonderful dinner of so much food and SO MANY pies! Apple, berry, pumpkin, chocolate chip cookie, chocolate pudding and mince pies. Yeah, my kids love to cook and bake. All of them. We love to eat the pies, too!
4. This morning, we got together one more time before the travelers left for the airport, and we opened our stockings gifts. What a joy it was for me to see all the stockings hung up together above the fireplace!
5. PAL is a true Arizona girl. She has never seen snow. And she prayed and we prayed, that it would snow. It did! This morning! Not much stuck, but she experienced small snowflakes falling on to her tongue and her mittens.
All the blessings of this week will stay with me through this next year. I am so very thankful my West Coast families were all here to celebrate Thanksgiving with us.