Friday, September 09, 2022

Being Thankful in September

Happy Friday!  Busy week here again.  I am popping in to post my Friday Fave Fives.  If I don't do that, I quickly forget to BE THANKFUL.  Here are my Faves for Willoow's Second Week of September.

1.  The news yesterday that Queen Elizabeth II had passed away hit a bit hard. I am not British, but I have traveled extensively in England and have several good friends who are British, so I know the love and respect with which Her Majesty was regarded.  Did you read the statement written by the Archbishop of Canterbury?  My thoughts and prayers are with you all across the pond.  My fave in this?  Only that I honor the " steadfast loyalty, service and humility" the queen has displayed for the past seventy years as monarch of the United Kingdom.

2.  On a lighter note, we common folk enjoyed a Sweet Corn Festival last weekend.  Our coffee date friends S and T live walking distance from the location of the corn fest, so we drove down and parked in their driveway and strolled the three blocks to the festival grounds.  The way I described the day in my journal was 'we ate our way through the food section'.  Funnel cake.  Popcorn.  Tacos.  Hot dogs.  You name it!  AND a good friend from our church owns and operates the coffee truck!  AND he knows T and S!  What a small world.  AND our California extra family joined us for their first Ohio festival adventure.

3.  We enjoyed a wonderful evening having dinner and dessert at the home of church friends who want to get to know us better.  A lovely time was had by all.

4.  The Professor had a successful MOHS surgery on a spot on his face.  All cancer eradicated.

5.  We are nearly finished with prepping for our daughters' move in which begins tomorrow with younger daughter's moving all her furniture and belongings in (along with her two children).  Truck is reserved.  Helpers are arranged.  Boxes are packed.  Then next weekend, it will be Older Daughter's turn.  The fave?  People helping all this come together.

I hope this has been a week of gratitude and faves for you!

8 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

I agree with your comments about Queen Elizabeth. The sweet corn festival sounds fun! So glad you could enjoy it with good friends and loved ones. I am thankful the Professor's surgery went well and there was such a good amount of help for the moves.

Faith said...

LOVE the Royal Family (my husband's family is right off the Mayflower so.......and my oldest daughter is totally into all things British. Some day i WILL get to London.)
TOtally agree with your thoughts regarding the Queen yet so thankful I know the REAL KING OF KINGS! :)

A corn festival sounds like so much fun.

YAY for families helping each other move. so you have two daughters who are both moving in the same month? that's a LOT of work! (our youngest is currently thinking of moving out soon ......but rent around here.....yikes......)

I love that you had a dinner date with friends from church......those are true blessings.

HAPPY WEEKEND!

Karen said...

So sad about the passing of the Queen. She was a remarkable woman. My prayers are with her family. The corn festival sounds like a ball! That is good news about the Professor's surgery. MOH's is no fun, but so thankful that the treatment is available. Good luck with all the moves!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Amen to your comments about the Queen. She was well loved and respected - a truly amazing woman. The entire world will miss her. Glad that the professor's surgery went well. Reading about all that moving makes me tired - so glad you have help! Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Melanie said...

I loved your comments regarding Queen Elizabeth II. My late husband was English so I kept up with all the Royal news. It is a sad time for the British citizens and the Commonwealth. It sounds like you will have a busy couple of days with the moves. I'm glad you had a nice evening with church family. Good news that your husband's cancer spot is gone. I may be facing taht in the near future.

nikkipolani said...

It's been bittersweet to read more about Queen Elizabeth's life and legacy. What an amazing, steadfast, faithful woman. Your food tour sounds like a ton of fun.

Wonderful news about cancer eradication!

Susanne said...

Yes, I think the same as you about Queen Elizabeth. Will be interesting to see if King Charles can live up to the example she set. The corn fest sounds fun. I'm on board for anything involving eating your way thru a section. Praise God for a good outcome on the surgery!

yaya said...

Hello fellow buckeye! I think we're not too far from each other and we both live in a rural area. Thanks for your comment on my blog and for stopping by! I was very sad to hear about the Queen. The last of true grace under pressure royal. What a lovely woman. Have a good rest of your week! The festivals are coming more and more during this favorite time of year. Do you go to Prairie Peddler Festival in Butler or Malabar Farm Heritage Days? Both are fun events. Malabar is fun because it's free!