Friday, September 30, 2022

Gratitude Through the Decades

 Good Friday Morning!  The sun is shining.  I'm up.  Since it is that day of the week for Friday Fave Fives, I've been contemplating which blessings to choose to share.

1.  When Susanne mentioned last Friday that it was the 700th Friday Fave Fives, I decided to scroll back to her first FFF and check the date; then I checked my blog to for the first time I joined in.  She started on August 15, 2008, and I wrote my first one on September 5, 2008.  Wow!  Fourteen years! (Have I really been blogging that long?  Actually, I started this blog in October 2005.)  I found Friday Fave Fives through Ellen at Happy Wonderer (we knew each other face to face as well as via blogs). And I have made many online friends through Susanne's hosting FFF.

2.  The patio is SO SO SO close to being finished!  Then I will take photos and share them.  All that is left is inserting the metal 'cage' in the firepit and installing the lighting under the wall caps.

3.  The leaves are just beginning to turn now.  Autumn is my favorite season and The Professor's, too.

4.  I love chai lattes.  Younger Daughter introduced me to a chai latte a few months ago.  In particular, one coffee shop we frequent has one I love.  Had one this week.

5.  When I was checking back on when I started doing FFFs, I allowed myself to be sucked into reading lots of old blog posts I have written through the years.  I lost myself in various road trips we have taken, our adventures in England, our visits with friends and family.  What blessings and joys we have experienced!  Looking back made me realize how God has blessed me.

Have you looked back lately and found things to be grateful for?

10 comments:

Cathy said...

How wonderful that you've been blogging since 2005. I started to 2008.

Deb J. in Utah said...

It is so wonderful to look back at the blessings of a lifetime. I started blogging in 2007, and have met so many wonderful people because of it. Blogging has enriched my life for sure. Hope you have a good weekend!

Barbara Harper said...

I love to go "down memory lane," too. How neat to have the patio almost done! We're just starting to have some fall color, but the weather has cooled off--a real blessing.

ellen b. said...

And...before you know it you will be looking back at all the good times on that patio!
I'm going to go back and check to see when my first FFF was. Our few years of walking was a sweet blessing to look back on.

Wendy said...

Well I'm a newbie here at FFF compared to you lol. But yes I do enjoy looking back on my blog and seeing what I was doing. I've been here on Blogger since 2012 but started much earlier than that on other platforms. Looking forward to seeing your patio. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Trying to express gratitude daily. Thank you for this blog.

Faith said...

I love looking back at old posts especially the more spiritually driven ones I've written...from my quiet times or time in the Word....and see the growth (or lack thereof maybe at times.....). I LOVE the FFF community too!

Autumn is a perfect hiking time here in New York State with all the diverse places we have to go. and the colors.......!!!!!

Can't wait to see your patio....and my oldest girl introduced me to chai lattes from the *bucks place and wowza.....SO GOOD! i treat myself every once in a while......so pricey!

ENJOY the first week of OCtober.

PaulaShort said...

Congratulations on your long-term blogging adventures. I'm fairly new here myself and have only been blogging since 2019. I too like to travel memory lane and see where I've been and how far Jesus has brought me.
Have a great week.

nikkipolani said...

I know what you mean about looking back. Isn't it fun? So often, I turn to the blog search feature to figure out which year something-something happened. Congrats!

Daisy Debs said...

I have just discovered chai too ! Really nice and comforting ☕🧡x