Friday, March 17, 2023

St. Patrick's Day

 Happy Friday!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Happy Friday Fave Fives Day!  This last week of winter has been true to its name--winter.  Cold, Snow, Clouds.  But there is so much to find in grey and dreary weather to brighten my week and make my days shine.  Some weeks I have to dig deep or look hard behind the clouds.  But it is important that we do this--to find the blessings.  Friday Fave Fives helps me do that.  If you want even more encouragement, click the link and be inspired.

1.  Thinking back over the past week, I am constantly reminded of how The Professor cares for me.  Since I can't do basic chores, he has taken over doing all the laundry, dishes, cooking, driving.  He even makes me coffee and snacks and brings them to me where I am 'lounging' in my chair with my leg elevated.

2.  My broken ankle is healing well.

3.  I finished the red sweater! 100% Cashmere.  I am loving it!  Details coming in a separate post.

4.  We ordered fruit trees to plant in the back yard.  They arrived this week!  Yay!  I can't wait to get them planted in the ground.

5.  Younger Daughter has organized and started a fiber arts group that meets in a local coffee shop and the first meet-up was Saturday.  I think nine people showed up which is great for a first meeting.  So much fun to enjoy coffee, tea, or chai with people who love to knit and crochet.

Bonus: Today, St. Patrick's Day, is also my birthday!  Lots and lots of text messages, phone calls and notifications on facebook from people all over the world.  Lunch with The Professor, Older Daughter and Granddaughter at a cute little cafe.  Tomorrow is the day we will actually celebrate with family at a coffee shop/cafe.


11 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear that your ankle is healing well and so lovely that your husband is helping around the house.

The sweater is lovely! I'm not sure I'd ever attempt something like that but if my daughter has anything to say about it, I probably will. :) My cowl is coming along well. I may post a photo next Friday.

Have a lovely birthday and St. Patrick's Day.

Faith said...

Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I saw the notice yesterday on FB and was going to write on your wall but then wanted to get my meditation done before work and still haven't really gone on for very long yet.

Husbands who help and cook/make coffee are the best. A true gift from God.

So thankful your ankle is healing well and that's wonderful about your daughter's group.

I LOVE that red sweater on you!! How gorgeous!!

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY and enjoy your birthday celebrations.

nikkipolani said...

I sent you happy birthday thoughts when I woke this morning, and now birthday wishes already partly fulfilled! You are blessed to have so much helpfulnesses around you. May God heal that ankle fully!

Beautiful color on that sweater. Looking forward to details in your future posts. I can't knit to save my life, but love seeing the process.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Birthday! That is such a lovely picture of you. May you have all the luck of the Irish on your birthday! See you again soon!

Terra said...

Happy Birthday and how good the Professor is taking thoughtful care of you as you heal.

Linda Stoll said...

Happy Birthday, Willow! May God bless you in the coming year with love, joy, and peace ...

ellen b. said...

Happiest of birthdays to you dear Willow. Happy to hear your ankle is healing nicely. Love your red sweater! 'Spring' is in the air and our snow is finally melting!!

Barbara Harper said...

Belated happy birthday! I'm glad your ankle is healing well and your husband takes such excellent care of you. Your sweater looks so nice! The fiber arts group sounds like a lot of fun. How fun to look forward to planting the fruit trees.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Dear Friend. You look lovely in your beautiful red sweater. Mary

Wendy said...

Belated birthday wishes to you. Hope you had a lovely time celebrating with your family and friends. Love the jumper and glad to hear your ankle is healing well. Have a good week.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Looks like I missed several of your posts! Last week was quite busy for me and I couldn't keep up with everyone. Happy Belated Birthday!! You are a St. Patty's day girl! Wow. Our baby Sand Hill Cranes hatched on St. Patrick's day, and I have named them St. Patrick and St. Valentine, since we first saw the eggs on the nest on Valentine's Day. We call them Pat and Val for short. They are proving to be very entertaining to watch out here on our Still Waters Pond. I am sorry to hear about your ankle, and I guess I need to keep reading backwards to find out the whole story. Your daughter's fiber arts group sounds very neat. If I knew how to knit I would enjoy that! But alas! My needle skills are quite limited. Being a lefty I just never figured it out and no one was patient enough to teach me. I hope you are feeling better by now. I must go on and read the rest of the story...Take care and God bless.