Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Some Actual Knitting

 I know that my blog heading states Life and Knitting, and I know that I haven't shared much about knitting lately.  It's not that I have not been knitting.  It's just that I haven't taken photos of my knitting.

But finally, I did a quick photo shoot of a shawl that I recently made.

Details:

    Yarn:  llama and silk blend, handspun by me.

    Pattern:  Raindrops and Roses Shawl by Clara Beauty.  You can find the pattern on Ravelry.  Here is a link:  Raindrops and Roses

    Needles:  size 6US

It took me awhile to knit it, but it took much longer to block it.  I blocked half of it, placing it on the bed in the guest room.  Then I 'forgot about it'.  Until...my grandson was scheduled to stay with us overnight and would be sleeping in that bed.  So I ran upstairs and finished the blocking.

Now I have a beautiful cream colored shawl to sling over my shoulders to give me just that small bit of extra warmth on cool mornings and evenings.


The bottom edge is knitted 'sideways'.


The placement of the 'holes' created by YO, K2Tog really does create roses and raindrops.
YO means yarn over.  K2Tog is knit two (stitches) together.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous! Great job.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It certainly is beautiful! So delicate and feminine.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That is so beautiful!! It is hard for me to imagine what it must take to sit and do that and have it turn out so perfectly! I've never learned how to knit or crochet, being a lefty...no one wanted to teach me and I never could sit still long enough to learn anyway. So I appreciate what others can do. That is really beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful cream colored shawl.

Wendy said...

It is beautiful. It would take me forever I think but how satisfying to have been able to spin the yarn for it. I am so glad there are so many YouTube videos out there that explain so many knitting techniques etc. I was making something that required yarn over and I was doing it wrong to start with!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! Mary