Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Amish Country

Look!  See all the photos??  My computer and my camera are playing nice together, again.  I figured out the problem and fixed it.

So... I have a treat for you!  Photos of my trip to Amish Country!

Of course there are always old barns and dilapidated outbuildings.




If you are traveling in Amish country, watch out for horses and buggies!



Especially on narrow, windy and hilly roads.

How do you know a house or farm is Amish?  Well, first, there will be lots of horses.


The laundry will be hanging outside in all kinds of weather.



Usually, the houses and many of the outbuildings are painted white.





In all the houses, what did you NOT see?  What is missing?  A couple of things.  No cars.  And no electric wires hung from the poles to the houses or barns.

But lots of cows.



As we returned home from our adventure, we noticed an picturesque place for sale.  Want to buy this house and live in the country?


3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I would like to take a leisurely drive through Amish country. I have been fascinated with the Amish for quite a few years. Sounds like a nice trip you had. I wonder how much that old house is going for. See you again soon!

ellen b. said...

The other thing we noticed about Amish and Mennonite Farms is that they are clean. Some of the farms around here are so unsightly! What a fun day in the country.

Wendy said...

So glad you fixed the communication problems are were able to show us your photos.