Friday, January 26, 2024

A Month into Winter Fave Fives

 Welcome to Willow's Cottage this grey and misty day.  This week we have moved from this (never above freezing temps for a week):

to this: quite warm but very foggy.


That's ok. That's life in Ohio, evidently.  Don't like the weather?  Wait a few minutes.

Why do I begin my Friday Fave Fives talking about less than ideal weather?  Well, we are supposed to be joyful in all things, thankful for everything.  For me, that seems so very easy because I am not living in a dangerous place in the world. I have food. I have shelter. I have water. I am safe. I never take these blessings for granted.  It seems like I have just written all my faves for the week right here.  But wait!  There's more!  (the link above takes you to Susanne's blog where she hosts our FFFs)

1.  I am thankful for a cleaning lady.  She helps me once a month with chores that my hands don't like me to do.  What a blessing she is!  She has been out on maternity leave, so I am especially happy she is back.

2.  I am thankful for friends.  One very important factor in living a longer life is having companionship.  As we often do, we met our friends T and S for coffee one morning this week.  Three hours!

3.  More friendships.  We drove north to meet other friends between their new home (they moved 'home' from Oregon where we knew them) to have lunch with them  We took Mia with us because she had the day off from work and because she knew Laura from the time she was in middle school.  It was a great reunion and catch up.  We look forward to many more lunches with them.  Even Eleanor Elizabeth Bunny enjoyed the lunch--lots of lettuce and carrots for her!

4.  I am thankful to live near my daughters.  One evening the two 'girls' popped over to talk with us about summer plans.  I love living a five minute drive from them both.

5.  Mia also helped me with something that has been nagging at me for a long time.  I own the rights to a website, willowscottage.com.  For a long time, it has sat there just doing nothing, no photos, no information.  This week, Mia showed me how to make the first steps in setting it all up.  The only thing there so far is a link to this blog... try it.  www.willowscottage.com

I hope you have found many many blessings in your week, too.

PS:  I am almost finished with the vest I showed you last week!  Come back later today or tomorrow and get the details.

12 comments:

ellen b. said...

We've had very similar weather to yours here. Fog and dripping rain making the snow soggy. Right now the sun is shining and I see blue sky!! Hooray. First blue sky we've seen in a few days. It is so cheering. So sweet that you can meet up with your daughters easily. Happy weekend to you.

Linda Hoye said...

We’ve warmed up here in Saskatchewan too. Much appreciation for the turn after the record-breaking cold. I have once-a-month house cleaners too, and am very thankful to be able to do so. I enjoyed reading your list. Life is good.

Cathy said...

I'm looking forward to hopefully some sunshine soon here in southwest Ohio. But I'm happy that it's warmer...no complaints. So glad you had time with friends and family. We met my sister and her husband for lunch today. It was so nice to be together. Have a blest weekend.

Melanie said...

The weather changes sure keep us on our toes! With a couple days of rain, our snow is all gone.
I took a peek at your website. Very pretty. I can't wait to see it finished and active.

Friendships are precious! I always love when I can get together for lunch or even a visit out of state! I treasure my friends.

What a blessing to have someone come in once a month and clean those hard to get to spots or those places it's just to difficult to reach.

I'm looking forward to seeing your current knitting project all finished!

Susan said...

Hi Willow, you are right, we need friends and we are blessed to have all that we need. I am not sure I would like your cold weather. I like your website name. I have a website too.
https://www.garden4mylord.com/SusansSayings.html I stopped blogging there a couple of years ago. I had that site from 2000 and have over 300 pages. It is a country style website. Melanie use to have one too and that is how we met over 15 years ago. If you go there and then click on the site map, it will take you to a list of a lot of pages I have done. Some of the links are to "cottages" that have many more pages. It is done in html code. Let me know if you visit there. Have a great weekend and thanks for playing Words with Friends with me!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I am about an hour from both of my daughters and I am so thankful for that. I wish I was a little closer but I love where I live and my grandchildren love coming to stay at my house for a night or two. Sweet to meet up with old friends!

Barbara H. said...

Our weather was similar--frigid and icy for a while, not moderate temperatures but wet and foggy.I'll take just the wetness any day, but I do look forward to the sun coming out again soon. You're right, we have so many blessings we take for granted every day that much of the world does not have.

I've thought about looking into a cleaning lady, at least for those big cleaning pushes before people come to visit.

It is so nice to live near our kids. All but one of ours lives close by, and we see him twice a year. It's nice to have help with the computer as well.

Wendy said...

Hmm not sure I want your weather lol. Thankfully we don't often get fog here and rarely that much snow. Good that you have friends and family around you though. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Karen said...

I'm happy for you that you live so close to your daughters. Family means a lot to me, too, and I'm grateful that my brother and his wife are just minutes away, my dad and stepmom are just a town over. It's such a blessing when we have family we can support and be supported by.

Your new webpage is so pretty. It's great to have a techie person to help!

Faith said...

Here in eastern NYS, our weather has been similar to yours. Today is Sunday and it's gloomy, damp and raining with a little snow mixed in although it's not sticking. yet. Supposedly, 1-3 inches is arriving sometime tonight .i'm ok with that....it's Winter. It needs to snow now not in April! hahah

Hanging out and drinking coffee with friends plus another lunch date, is always a blessing.

OOH...I wish I had a cleaning lady to do the mopping and baseboards. My least fave tasks.

I hope you're enjoying a peaceful Sunday. I'll pop over and check out your website.

Dianna said...

Hello Willow. We had a busy day on Friday and the remainder of the weekend so I'm just doing some catching up with blog reading. It looks as though you had a wonderful week of being with those you hold dear! That's so wonderful. Our daughter and son-in-law surprised us with a visit on Saturday.

Tom said...

...Linda, you have a lot to be thankful for. I would be thankful to live near the Dawes Arboretum. Make each day a beautiful day, even those with crumby weather.