Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Simply Garter Vest

Here are some details about the vest I finished last week.  I added a photo of it on my Friday Fave Fives,  and various people commented about it, so I thought I'd added extra information.

The pattern is Simply Garter Vest from the pattern book Folk Vests by Cheryl Oberle.  I have used this book to knit several vests and highly recommend it.  This is the second Simply Garter Vest I have made; last year I knit a purple vest for my younger daughter (Mia).


Last fall, I was given a huge bag of yarns from someone who is organizing her home to get ready to sell it and decided she doesn't want to continue knitting.  So I had eight skeins of this lovely yarn.

A mix of 70%wool and 30%mohair from Green Mountain Spinnery.  Excellent company with high quality yarns.

I used almost five skeins.
Size 8 US needles


This vest is really cozy warm.  I will be wearing it ALL. WINTER.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

It looks lovely but I'd need to research a UK pattern book - the link you posted quoted $75 for postage to the UK. Was it being brought by hand lol

Carla from The River said...

Green Mountain Spinnery, is this a USA spinnery? Thank you for sharing more about the vest.
Carla

ellen b. said...

It sure looks cozy and warm. Lovely result!