Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Lizzie Vest, A Fair Isle Pattern

 I finished the fair isle vest!  And I wore it on Saturday.

Here are the details about my 'practice' vest.

Pattern:  Lizzie Vest from the blog (now inactive) Yellow Pink and Sparkly.  You can click on the link and find the Lizzie Vest pattern on the side bar.

Needles:  The pattern calls for size 3 and 5 needles; however, I adapted to using size 7 and 5 because the yarn I used called for those sizes and because I also adapted the size to fit.

Yarn:  Caron x Pantone.  Bamboo.  Five colors.  I purchased the yarn as a set with navy being the main color.  Unfortunately, it looks like Caron is no longer making this yarn.

Full disclosure:  I used the pattern as a guide for knitting the fair isle patterning; it is not exactly the same.  Mostly, this is because I did not have enough of the three colors pink, white and plum to follow it row by row.  But even so, I love how it turned out.


The edging is Knit 1 Purl 1 ribbing.


The fair isle patterns were fun to knit!



5 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks great!

ellen b. said...

Such a great classic vest. I'm sure it kept you nice and cozy on Saturday!

Carla from The River said...

It is beautiful. I love it.
Carla

Tom said...

...I love the colors, they look smart!

Dianna said...

The Fair Isle vest is absolutely beautiful, Willow!