Friday, February 09, 2024

February is for Fave Fives

Happy Friday!  This week has been busier than I expected (that's ok, though) and so it is late afternoon here at Willow's Cottage.  But I still have time to get my Friday Fave Fives written and shared.  Susanne is always so faithful to have our link set up to share our five things we chose from our week.  Here's THE LINK. 

1.  I am so thankful for the sunny warm weather we have had this week.  I'm talking no jackets, no caps, no gloves kind of weather. Sunshine all week and today's temperature in the 60s!  Yes, I know that the cold weather will return, but the respite has been very appreciated by all who live around here.  

2.  The warm weather has allowed me to be outside in the garden doing a few mid winter chores.  I was able to prune the raspberry bushed and check on a couple of other perennial plants.

3.  Saturday was a moderate day, a coat and gloves kind of day.  But it was just right for taking a good hike.  The Professor and I drove Warrior Boy (Younger Daughter Mia's son) to Hocking Hills State Park, and we hiked two different trails and shared lunch around an outdoor fireplace with a group of boys and dads from our local Trail Life troop.  Twelve guys and me.  It was great fun, especially as we had not visited Hocking Hills before.

Eleanor always loves hiking, too, especially since she gets to stay in my pocket!



Our Warrior Boy had so much fun.


Note the small size of the people compared to the waterfall.  Yes, it really was that high.  Ash Cave.

4.  Tall Boy's birthday was this week!  Sixteen!  Six feet three inches tall!  Where did that little boy go??  I am thankful for him!

5.  Recently, we joined the Y gym.  This week, we worked out twice there.  I am thankful for the opportunity and that it is very near our home.  Now we can use the treadmill or recumbent bikes when the weather is just too miserable for  us to be outside.

I hope your week has been filled with blessings, too.  Sometimes we have to look deeper than other weeks, but there are always things we can find to be thankful.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Willow! Good to see that you were able to get out and enjoy nature with the boys. We only got to 55 today. There was an earthquake off Malibu that was a 4.5. I did not feel it. When I was in a two story, I felt them, but not in this single story. I hope to get out next week. My ear infection set me back. I really need to get active, especially since I gained a few pounds after the holidays! Enjoy your weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda! Wow, that state park you went to looks cool. I could love to hike there! Beautiful. So glad you had a nice week and made some good memories with your family. My husband and I joined a rec center in our area and we have been walking the track there for our daily work out. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

ellen b. said...

That park you took a hike in sure looks amazing with some cool rock formations. Glad the weather was good for the hike. Six feet three inches and 16! Yikes. Where have all the years gone. The Y is a good resource. Happy weekend to you.

Karen said...

The day in the park sounds lovely. Such a beautiful place!

Good for you for using the Y. We have a recumbent bike, and I've started making it a morning habit to use it. Of course, being outdoors is the best, but we woke up to 6 inches of snow this morning, so not always possible!

nikkipolani said...

That weather sounds amazing for February in your neck o' the woods! That's what we've got down here -- low 60s and sunshine. Glad you could putter in the garden a bit.

Your two trails hike sounds like fun especially for Eleanor :-) What a pretty waterfall. Love that smile on Warrior Boy and the Caribbean blue behind him.

Wendy said...

Sounds like very mild weather for February but great for getting out on that hike. Looks a wonderful place to go. Good for you on joining the gym. Hope you've had a good weekend.

Barbara H. said...

We had lovely days in the 60s, too--but other days with rain as well. As you said, winter is probably not done yet, but I'm enjoying the respite.

What a lovely place or a hike!

Happy birthday to your grandson!

Tom said...

...Hocking Hills State Park looks like a fabulous destination. It's a place that I would enjoy. Take care and have a wonderful week, Linda.