Friday, September 27, 2024

Autumn is Falling

Happy Friday (night)!  Life threw us another snow ball today.  During the rain/thunder/wind storm, we lost power (see #2).  That really messed up my schedule for writing my Friday Fave Fives.  But here I am, finally, to share my Five blessings from this first full week of Autumn.

1.  I do hope that everyone who is living on the east coast of the US is safe, dry and snug in their homes.  Because I have a sister-cousin in Florida, I have been watching the progress of the nasty weather very closely.  Good news there is that she let me know that she is fine and her house is intact.

2.  As I mentioned above, our electricity went out this afternoon and was out for several hours.  I am thankful that we weren't worried.  We have flashlights, oil lamps and candles.  And we had peanut butter sandwiches for dinner.  And now our power is back on again, and we are very thankful for that.

3.  We have a new mattress!  We wanted to buy a new one and then we found out that someone needed a bed.  So, we offered our old mattress to them and bought a new one for us.  It was delivered Tuesday.  I am thankful for a good dependable store near us that would deliver and place the bed on its frame for us.

4.  I have been going through all my old photos which are hanging around on my laptop and enjoying the reminiscing.  And deleting the ones I don't want.  Actually, I am finally ready to move them to a flash drive.  And then I will be able to move all the photos from my trip to Ireland, England and Wales onto my computer and write blog posts about it.  The fave in this is that I am learning all the tech stuff.

5.  Autumn decor.  (no photos yet)  I love autumn, and I love having fall decorations, especially flowers (like last week).  I bought two gorgeous mums and they are sitting on my front porch now smiling at everyone who walks or drives past the house.  I am thankful for the beauty of autumn.




Happy Fall!  Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Willow, I am glad your electricity came back quickly. We have battery operated candles ready to go when electricity goes out. I have been going through pictures too. I love your fall pictures. Our nights are getting cooler. Have a great weekend!

Tom said...

...Mother Nature is changing her wardrobe.