Anyway. In the past two weeks, I have received three awards from Red Yarn, Violet Lady and Flower. I am truly honored and I get so completely thrilled when I am awarded recognition like this. This is the award...Brillante Weblog Premio~ 2008!
The award Beth gave me said I had to write an acceptance speech. So, here it is!
"I want to thank Beth for nominating me for this award! She certainly deserves this award as much as anyone. Her artwork is joyous and I love visiting her blog to see what new pictures and recipes she has shared. I would also like to thank Violet Lady. She makes me smile, especially when she writes about how much she loves cabins. I would also like to thank my blog buddies for their support, comments and encouragement. I really do think about what I am planning to write (all the time) and who will read my words and look at my photos. My children deserve the credit for encouraging me to start this blog, develop my talents as a knitter and writer and open a website and sell my handspun yarn and various original creations (coming soon, I hope!). The Professor is my constant companion and biggest supporter and fan, and he aids and abets my photography habit/addiction by stopping or turning around as we're driving somewhere so I can get a better shot, tries to hold me accountable to not buy more yarn for my stash this year, and makes me a latte every morning. I love the fact that the blogging world has brought me much joy through meeting other bloggers virtually and in person, reading and learning about their lives."
Flower gave me this award, too. Her version of the acceptance speech says I am to write six random things that are true about me today. My six random things are:
1. I am enchanted with my grandson. When he is visiting Willow's Cottage with his mama, I spend my day trying to make him laugh. We've discovered that Arnold impersonations and peekaboo make him chortle and laugh his adorable little belly laugh.
2. My blog name is Willow because when I worked at a summer camp I had to choose a bird name for myself and I chose a willow finch because I have blonde hair. The name got shortened to Willow and I've been Willow ever since to an ever increasing group of people.
3. I love reading about history. Right now I'm reading The Bounty by Caroline Alexander, which is the true story of the mutiny by Fletcher Christian against Captain Bligh near Tahiti.
4. I like Pepsi but I don't drink it anymore. I quit drinking it several years ago to save the calcium in my bones.
5. I do not like the color orange. Just don't like it.
6. I am knitting a bunny for my grandson (see #1). I put grey and white yarn out and he grabbed the white yarn, so he's getting a white bunny. I also laid out several colors of yarn and twice he chose the navy, so Edward Bunny Rabbit is getting a knitted navy shirt. Edward looks like Eleanor Elizabeth Rabbit whose photo is on my side bar, except he's made of acrylic yarn instead of handspun and hand dyed wool.
Here are the rules for accepting and passing on the award.
1. Please put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. You must nominate 7 fellow bloggers for this award.
4. Add links to the recipients.
5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award. 6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking everybody's mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant! OR write 6 random facts about yourself.
Now, I want to give this award to the following seven people:
Knitting Linguist-- I love reading this blog. Great and witty writing and I even understand when she writes about linguistics.
Ramblings from an English Garden-- A dear and generous friend! And beautiful photography!
Sanna's Bag-- Roxie's writing is rich and expressive and makes me laugh. My knitting mentor.
Happy Wonderer-- My walking buddy. Neighbor. Brilliant photographer. It was a good day when we agreed to meet at the local coffee bar.
Two Frog Home-- I admire Kathie's commitment to living the not normal life. She inspires me with every post.
Nikkipolani-- Anne takes incredible photographs of flowers and cats!
Pink Purl-- Tracy combines wonderful, brilliant, creative writing and crafting with a delightful and gentle spirit.
And another blog, just because: Much Ado About Something-- Sara is a real life friend as well as blogger friend. I enjoy seeing her photos of her hometown because I love that town too!
Actually, I have so many other blogs I'd love to nominate I should just say, this is for everyone who comes to my blog to read and comment and for every blog I read!