1. Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons! I really scored on saving money Thursday on some Christmas presents by using the coupons I've been saving up!
2. Safety in travel. We drove to Phoenix and back last weekend and we didn't crash. We were really busy while we were there, but we had a great time during the busyness being with Chaplain Dan and The Princess.
3. Christmas cards are starting to arrive! I love sending and receiving cards. We have a little stack on the piano we've opened and read. I haven't started addressing mine yet. Does anyone want to come over and help me?
4. I seriously appreciate Trader Joe's. Every Thursday this month our church's food pantry is giving away food to families in need of food because Trader Joe's DONATES food (not yet expired) and doesn't throw it away. What a great policy! I have always loved TJ's but after I started working with our food pantry and found out how civic minded the TJ's corporation is, I became a loyal patron. It sure helps that the store has good food and inexpensive prices!
5. Interesting weather! Because we live so close to the Pacific Ocean, we occasionally get unusual cloud formations. These clouds blew in on different levels in the sky in the morning and by the time Ellen and I met for our Friday morning walk, they had disappeared. And now today we have low clouds and cool breezes forecast for the weekend.