Friday, August 7, 2009
Friday Fave Five!
Here are mine~
1. Time spent with Son#2. He moved last weekend and is staying with us until he leaves for Stanford University to become The Graduate Student. I treasure these hours and days with him.
2. Restful mornings, relaxing with a cup of coffee, watching the palm fronds blowing in a cool summer breeze.
3. I have spent a couple of afternoons this week while we've been kittysitting, typing geneological information into my computer. I have collected information about my ancestors for a long time and decided I wanted to organize it in a database. I've been reminded that I am part Irish, that two of my gr----grandfathers worked their way across the Atlantic Ocean onboardship, that one gr----grandmother was born 'on the way' to California in a wagon, and that one set of gr----grandparents sailed around Cape Horn to get to San Francisco!
4. The Professor and I spent a day in downtown Los Angeles, visiting friends who still live there and then taking the bus and train to Union Station
and walking around the city
ending up in the Fashion District and at Grand Central Market. These are places where we shopped regularly when we lived in Los Angeles and it was great to go to the Fashion District fabric store I used to frequent and find beautiful linen for a really great price!
5. Seeing this food cart in front of the BigBoxHomeImprovementStore in Long Beach on Sunday. Its name made us laugh.
If you want to read what others enjoyed this week or want to add your own Faves to the list, go to Living To Tell The Story.
And I'd love to have you share one fave from your week!