Hello November! The Thankful month! But, wait! Aren't we supposed to give thanks always and always be grateful? Not just one month of the year. That's why I work hard to join Friday Fave Fives even if I don't write anything else all week here at Willow's Cottage. Here are my FFFs for this week. (Join in by clicking THIS LINK.)
1. I am a bit late posting my FFF because we drove over to the bureau of motor vehicles to get our new drivers licenses and new car titles and new car registrations. It's done! We are now officially residents of our new state.
2. While we were there at BMV, a problem was found with someone having 'used' my Social Security number. It was determined that the whole thing was a typographical error where someone mistyped a SSN and didn't amend it properly. Therefore, our visit to BMV was a lot longer than we expected. But
I am thankful for excellent, efficient and cheerful workers and supervisors who fixed the issue.
3. This actually happened two weeks ago, but I didn't mention it then. A couple we have known since our Older Daughter moved to this are eleven years ago dropped by our home bringing homemade soup and home baked sourdough bread! It was delicious and helped us so much those first few days! I am thankful for both the food and the friendship!
4. We have a lawn mower! Since we haven't had any grass to mow for more than a decade, we don't own a mower. However, Older Daughter's renters moved out, she's selling her rental house, and she gave us the mower that was there! Score! I'm thankful we didn't have to run out and buy a new mower to mow the lawn ONCE until springtime.
5. AND. The weather has been Southern California marvelous here. Perfect temperatures for doing lawn mowing, a bit of garden clean up and moving things out of the rental house (see #4).
BONUS! There's always more to be thankful for! My beloved Daughter-in-law called me this week. She is so busy being a wife, mom and teacher that when she has time to call and chat, I love that she chooses to call me. I know mothers-in-law often get a bad rap, but I know this girl loves me I am so thankful that my son found that girl as his wife!
How has your week been? I hope you are well and safe! (notice that I didn't mention politics at all???)