Sunday, December 16, 2007

Another Thing About Teaching Kindergarten

I have another cold. I am sure that one of the kindergarteners gave it to me. They've all been sneezing, snuffling and sniffing and they also do things like chew on pencils and snack bags that I have to touch. I use hand sanitizer, but some times the little germs get past my defenses.
I realized last night that the sneezes did not have anything to do with an allergy. By the time I went to bed, I had all the classic cold symptoms. I did make it to church this morning but after that I came home and sat on the family room sofa. Actually I reclined, lay down, rested in a supine position. I haven't much energy.
Nevertheless, I'll be up and at school in the morning. Only four more days of school until break. I wonder how many children will be absent either because they are already gone on vacation or because they have colds too.

8 comments:

Mama Mia said...

The hazards of working with kindergarteners are endless!

Feel better, Mumsy!

kate said...

Sorry to hear that you have a cold at this time of year. It must be near impossible to avoid all the myriad germs that little kids are so good at spreading. I remember those first few years of my son's schooling - I seemed to go from cold to cold all school year long. Grr...

Get better soon!! It's getting close to Christmas ... I hope the Professor is taking good care of you.

jaeyde said...

email is amani dot hirr at gmail dot com

yey cookies!

i hope you feel better soon!

Willow said...

Jaeyde-check your email.

Kiti said...

Perhaps, eventually, you will build up immunity to all those microbes.

Of course, there is still no good reason to work with kindergarten students. Except money. Mercenary activity and capitalism are as good a reason as any, I guess.

Sloth of Doom said...

Ah, shucks, Mom. Speaking of colds, I read about an interesting study that was done recently. Colds are transmitted by touching common objects, like dirty doorknobs and infected kindergartners. The flu, however, is transmitted through the air. The study infected guinea pigs (poor critters) to show that cold, dry air transmits the flu far better than warm, most air. Have you ever heard of a flu epidemic in the tropics?

Anonymous said...

Just a few more days, Willow. Hang in there!

Bethany said...

I hope you're feeling better today!!! Things are going around everywhere!!