Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday, Monday

This is how I am spending my Monday afternoon. I am drinking Earl Grey tea from a Christmas mug. It somehow seems better to use a mug instead of a tea cup for tea during the Christmas season. There's something about a festive mug that is just right. My mother gave me this mug in the early 1990s. After we returned to the US and moved to Oregon, we celebrated only four Christmases with her before she passed away of cancer. She gave each of the six of us a mug. I got the church mug, The Professor got a stocking mug, Kiti and MamaMia had candycanes and the boys had snowmen. We use them every year for coffee, tea or eggnog, and when the children have gotten married and started their own Christmas traditions, I've sent the mugs along with them to their homes.





I enjoy sending Christmas cards. This year I've gotten a late start, so my goal is to address twenty cards a day until I am finished. Every year in the week after Christmas, I shop at the stationery store and choose the next year's cards and pay 25% of the original cost.





This is what we are having for dinner.
CROCKPOT CRANBERRY BEEF ROAST

16 oz can cranberry sauce
1/3 c French dressing
1 sliced onion
3 lbs beef roast

Place all ingredients in crockpot, cover and cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
I think I'll serve the beef roast with mashed potatoes, green beans and salad.

9 comments:

Kiti said...

Speaking of crock pot, I'm looking for mine at this very moment. Well, not this EXACT moment, since I'm on the computer now. But I have been looking for it this afternoon.

I found my cel phone charger, so now I can charge my phone and call people.

And I'm setting up on computers, so that I can IM with people.

I'm excited to be an Arizonian (Phoenician?)! But the weather here is gloomy, grey, and chilly. I wonder what's going on...

Kiti said...

I might add, for the first time, I really want to do Christmas cards and a Christmas letter. But I have to get organized and unpacked first. =(
Can I do it, folks? I'll keep you posted.

Sher said...

That recipe sounds like something Jason would like. I'll have to try it. I'm looking for some good, easy crockpot recipes.

Sloth of Doom said...

That does sound like a good recipe, and it's something I can do in my apartment. BTW, I think I'm going to start posting more often to my blog, so you might check it occasionally... Mike

ancient one said...

Hummmmm that roast sounds good. I love Christmas Cards too! I think I love them as much or more than presents.

I didn't know you were going for tests. But I do pray that all your reports will be good!!

The green sweater is so beautiful. I can understand loving to knit when the end products are so pretty.

Loved the tour of your flowers. It is interesting to see what's blooming at your house. I have a few pansies and that's it for now.

Merry Christmas Willow!! (in case I don't get back)

Heather said...

I'm going to try that pot roast recipe. Thanks for sharing. I'm enjoying the holiday prep too.

Mary said...

Willow,

I love a good cup of tea and am so glad you were enjoying it. Tea is so relaxing, I find.

Love the photo of the green sweater in the sidebar. That is one of my favorite colors of green.

Your crockpot recipe sounds so delicious. I'm going to try that, for sure.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Blessings,
Mary

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Yummm - that recipe sounds scrumptious. I think I need to get myself a crockpot; gosh, I haven't had one since they first came into fashion back in the 70's! There are so many good crockpot recipes these days.

Isn't a festive holiday mug just great, and yours has special memories to go with it. I like your tablecloth too.

kate said...

I think the pot roast recipe sounds delicious! I think you are amazing to be writing 20 Christmas cards each day. That is ambitious. I think I had better start addressing some of mine. I am not very organised this year ... I put that down to knitting scarves.