Monday, December 03, 2007

Knitting Helps

Knitting helps me get through my hundreds of pages of reading about culture, literacy, and assessments. I pulled out my moss stitch scarf to work on while I read through tens of pages about culture, the intercultural educator, and culturally responsive schooling.
I have to admit that the chapter on assessments was so dense and information intensive that I couldn't knit and read at the same time as my yellow high lighter holding hand was too busy marking important phrases.


This lovely yarn is 80% alpaca, 20% silk and because it is light blue, I think I will keep this scarf to wear myself. It will be my reward when I finish studying and testing on Saturday.

8 comments:

Mary said...

Willow,

Keeping the scarf for yourself is a good idea. It is lovely, as are all of your projects.

Blessings,
Mary

roxie said...

I am sending excellent testing vibes to you for Saturday's experience. Take snacks and water, and put your faith in God.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Well, I'm very impressed you can knit and read at the same time (even if not with this particular text)! I'll be thinking of you on Saturday . . .

Bethany said...

I love alpaca yarns!!! I love alpacas! Two birthdays ago I made my family go with me to an alpaca farm and pet them :)) I almost had Craig talked into owning a little herd when we retire someday!! Maybe we will. I just love their big eyes and their woolly heads and bodies...and they're so gentle!

I feel for you with all this studying!!! I've been diligently planning my last week at my job...sad but happy at the same time!

Unknown said...

The yarn is gorgeous and I am very envious of your ability to knit and read, I can barely manage to follow the pattern never mind read anything more substantial, I would love to master it. Knitting and reading is surely perfection indeed.

Barbara said...

This looks real nice wool but I failo to see how you can do such neat knitting while working on the other stuff. You are a genius.

Anonymous said...

That is quite something, Willow - knitting and reading/concentrating. I definitely don't have enough brain cells to spare between two activities!

Anonymous said...

I like your scarf. I am also working with the moss stitch this week. I thought I would try my hand at it and it seems to be going well.

Jennifer