It's New Year's Day, and the first Friday Fave Five of 2021. Christmas is over. Stockings and presents were opened.
And now begins a new year. There's not much different here at Willow's Cottage. More snow and ice. But that's OK. We have a warm, dry house and we are very thankful for that!
Here are my Friday Fave Fives to share.
1. Family dinners. Since moving near my girls, we've starting this tradition of having a family dinner one night a week. Some nights, we cook, but usually, it's just leftovers. Less work for everyone. I think these times with my girls will always be faves I am thankful for.
2. New Year's Eve dinner with family. OK, we are not partiers. We had dinner and finished watching White Christmas. But before we turned on the DVD, we toasted the New Year in with sparkling cider at SEVEN PM. Why seven?
3. Did you stay up to watch the ball drop? We didn't want to stay up until midnight, so we found a you tube live video of Big Ben in London and watched Londoners celebrate the New Year. Midnight in London is seven pm here. That was good enough for us.
4. In December, I posted #photoadaydecember on Facebook. Mostly, I found older photos from my files that fit each day's idea. Imagine my surprise that the picture for MATCHING has already gained almost 120 likes and loves. This photo of The Professor and me, wearing our matching flannel shirts.
5. A week isn't complete unless we've been out walking and hiking. Family (and grand-dogs) have joined us on several outings. Older Daughter has always been one for wandering. And if there's a downed tree trunk anywhere near, she'll be climbing it! You can take the girl out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the girl.
And she is training her son and nephew well!
I am thankful for these times to make memories.