2. January 26th is Australia Day. Have you ever visited or lived in Australia? Have you ever tasted Vegemite, and if so what did you think? Is a trip down under on your bucket list? We answered a question about travel three months ago (the October 21st Hodgepodge), but let's revisit now...where are you when it comes to planning or even imagining travel this year?
I have not yet visited Australia (although The Professor and Dr. Mike have). We lived on the island just north of Australia (New Guinea), but never flew in and out of there via Australia. Yes, I've eaten Vegemite--I'm not a big fan as it tastes bitter to me. Nutella is better.
A trip in the future? Hopefully, we will get to visit Alaska as it is the only US state we have not visited. Also, a trip back to California and Oregon to visit friends and family is high on my list. And I can't forget Tennessee where two couples who are close friends are now living. AND...Florida, to visit my cousin.
3. Something that zaps your energy? Something that energizes you?
What zaps my energy? Not getting enough sleep. What energizes me? I love my daily walks (which I haven't been able to take for the past four days due to rain, snow and ice).
4. On a scale of 1-10 what are your eating habits like these days? (1=all junk food all the time and 10= juicing every green thing in the frig) Healthiest meal you've eaten in the last week or so?
In general, my eating habits are 8-9. I eat an almost completely whole food, plant based diet. Lately, I've enjoyed a bit more chocolate since it was Christmas and then post-Christmas chocolate candy sale time.
5. What's your most often 'Back in my day....' thing to say?
Probably, I bring up memories from our years living in Papua, Indonesia.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Our grandson The New Boy (seventh grade now!) has started homeschooling. The Professor and I are teaching him. As I type this, he is sprawled on the floor reading a fiction book set in York during the reign of Elizabeth I. What a great way to learn!