What a week!
One of Older Daughter's friends is visiting with her son, so we have joined them on some adventures. And we have gone on an adventure ourselves, too. Here is Willow's Week in Five Faves. Here is the link to Friday Fave Fives.
1. Our fence is finished! There was a small section in the front that wasn't done but we ran out of fencing and had to order additional materials. They arrived and the fencing guy came and put up that last bit. Done!
2. A day at the zoo. When I say a day, I mean the whole day. We arrived shortly after it opened, and we shut it down. I should have worn a pedometer! The exhibits were amazing!
3. After that long and fun filled day, we decided that a 'resting day' was in order. Resting? Sort of. We took a short hike around Flint Ridge State Park. The background is that this area was the main source of flint used for arrows and tools from the Atlantic Ocean to the Rocky Mountains. You can see bits of the flint and the pits where they dug it out even today. Then in the afternoon we had a picnic lunch and strolled around Dawes Arboretum. More woodsy areas because it was hot and humid. It was wonderful to again stroll through God's beautiful creation.
4. When we learned that our oldest, Chaplain Dan, was at Ft. Knox, KY this week for training, we figured an overnight trip was in order. It was worth the drive just to have dinner and spend a few hours with him. It is these times that I treasure.
5. On the way home from Kentucky, we decided to get off the freeway and take some less traveled roads. Serendipitously, we found a botanical garden which has reciprocal privileges with our local arboretum! It was a delight. AND, it had a fairy trail which deserves its own post (come back in a few days and enjoy!) I love those unexpected hidden treasures.
And now we are home and relaxing a bit. My own bed, my own shower, The Professor's homemade coffee which is the best in the world. Maybe next week won't be quite the zoo this week has been.