Monday, October 29, 2007

Next Summer's Garden

One of the interesting things about moving is that you get to look at your 'new' garden, the one that whoever lived here before you did planted. You spend several months, even all four seasons, finding treasures and plants that aren't exactly treasures, but more like, 'what on earth are THOSE?" plants.
Our current jasmine count is three very large and vigorous plants. Camellias=nine. Roses left behind in the back=three very unhealthy runty rosebushes.
One of the local nurseries is advertising roses starting at $6.99. I think I'll stop by one day this week and see what is available.
I'm thinking, maybe, Iceberg.



Yes, an Iceberg rose, with white cosmos planted around it.

6 comments:

Mary said...

willow,

Beautiful photos! I always enjoy your posts. There's nothing like the beauty of roses and cosmos to brighten a day that hasn't been the best I've ever had.

Blessings for the coming week.

Bethany said...

I had a neighbor one time who planted all white flowers in her yard. I was skeptical but the effect was so beautiful!! These are such pretty photos...

Willow said...

One of my neighbors across the street has all white flowers in her front yard. I think it lets the greens shine.

Mary said...

Whites and contrasting greens are beautiful. Thanks my friend for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments.

Tomorrow I'm with the grandsons all day. Maybe Wednesday I can find time to post on the cooking blog.

ancient one said...

I love white and green. White healthy flowers in summer seem so cool. The white azaleas we have in spring are pretty but then the petals turn brown (not pretty)... but the Vinca stays white and green and cool until the frost or freeze hits. Then I don't mind pulling them out.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss seeing cosmos - yours look so fine! And I'm one who designed like your neighbors with the all white front garden. I have white centranthus, white lavender, white Icebergs, and white jasmine. I wanted a floral but not frilly look and going with all white accomplished some of that.