Monday, May 26, 2008

Jane tagged me for a meme:


1. What was I doing ten years ago?
Memorial Day, 1998. We were living in Hillsboro, Oregon, two kids in college, one kid in high school at the community college, one kid in homeschool. I'm sure I was sleeping in because I was teaching high school US History and homeschooling one kid and it was the end of the school year.

2. Five things on my to do list today:
Post on my blog (done), sit around and relax (done), clean, do laundry, prep for tomorrow's tutoring session.

3. Five snacks I enjoy:
Starbuck's maple oat nut scones, ice cream, bananas, apples, potato chips.

4. Things I would do if I was a millionaire:
Pay off any remaining school bills my kids might have. Buy The Professor his dream car which is another 1968 Shelby Cobra convertible (yes, he owned one when we got married and we sold it when we had to choose between Chaplain Dan and the car). I might buy a house in Redondo Beach, but then I might not. I might buy another house in my current home town. Or I might just invest the rest of the money and live off the interest.

5. Places I have lived:
Portland, Oregon. Coos Bay, Oregon. Hillsboro, Oregon. Canyon Country, CA. Los Angeles, CA. Camarillo, CA. Northridge, CA. Southgate, CA. Wheaton, Illinois. Waukegan, Illinois. Carol Stream, Illinois. Bandung, West Java, Indonesia. Manokwari, Papua, Indonesia. Meyokda, Papua, Indonesia. Moyeba, Papua, Indonesia. I may have missed one or two places....

Now I am supposed to tag other blogs but I don't like doing that. If you want to play, feel free!

9 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

I love seeing the list of places you've lived -- I bet there are so many stories attached to each place! I hope you're getting even more relaxing done on your holiday :)

ellen b. said...

Whoa! You have lived in a lot of places!! A shelby cobra, yikes. We sold a lot in Mammoth to pay for Josh :0)

Tracy said...

Such fun to read your list, Willow! And how wonderful to learn of all the places you have lived--you've been around! Happy Days relaxing...((HUGS))

Flower said...

I'm so impressed that you can remember all that!! We sold a beloved car so we could build a barn...:) I like to read about your life!!

Flower said...

Yes, do try scented geraniums! Give them plenty of water until established. They are very pretty pressed and put into books!

Marg said...

Live off the interest the rest of your life. That's what I wanted to do since I was child, but I'll keep dreaming.

Ally Jay said...

Wow what a lot of places you have lived. Where did you like best?

Barbara said...

Have you ever thought of investing in a caravan!!!!!!!!!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I think you deserve a prize for the most interesting places lived!