Saturday, May 31, 2008

More About My Weekend

So far this weekend I have done piles of laundry, gone to the farmers market for cucumbers, carrots, strawberries and green beans.




I have discovered that while I am good at multi-tasking, I cannot spin dog hair, read blogs, drink hot cocoa and keep an eye on the sporting event The Professor is watching on the TV all at the same time. Three of the four maybe. But an accident is destined to happen under these circumstances. And it did. I spilled the hot cocoa on the laptop.


We went in to hyper mode and grabbed computer, rags and wet cloths and sopped up the damage. The cocoa spilled on the futon where the laptop was sitting and down on to the grey carpet. I cleaned the carpet and futon cover while The Professor dealt with the computer.


So far, it seems there is no major damage. The keys on the keyboard are sticking but I've applied the "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back" exercise over and over to unstick the keys. I may have to purchase a new keyboard if the keys don't loosen up. I was hoping to use my tutoring money to buy more memory cards for my camera to use during our upcoming vacation trip or maybe spend it on exciting trinkets (just kidding, I don't shop much on vacation or any other time). Oh well, one simply cannot live without a working computer, can one?


And the absolute worst part of this disaster? I had made the cocoa with the Jeff de Bruges Cacao en Poudre from France and the only thing that enjoyed the exquisite flavor was my keyboard.

16 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh no!!!! I hope it is okay! I can't imagine. And the wasted chocolate... that is a sin, isn't it? Hope tomorrow is a lot better!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well that will teach you to watch sports. LOL

I sure hope your computer is going to be ok. You would think in todays times they would make these keyboards water proof.

Joanne

Jane said...

Oh dear Willow, I do hope your laptop is ok. I believe you can remove individual keys, but i don't know how easy it is. (Broadwindsor has a lovely restaurant/cafe that you can sit in for a coffee or there are benches outside for drier days.) Jane x

Anonymous said...

I sure hope it all works out too - those laptops sure find a way of being "necessary" don't they?

ellen b. said...

OH! So sorry about the sticky mess. I hope it all dries up with no permanent issues.

roxie said...

Wow, I would be licking the sofa and slurping at the carpet. Hope the keyboard continues to survive. Maybe you should put it outside where the little ants will run in and clean all the sweetness away.

Marg said...

What else do we spend our money on now a days? It's only hot chocolate.
Wait till that little boy of yours starts bouncing around. There will be more spills.
This week I took shots of my new Vegie Garden, that I planted with Levi, and oh...so cute.
I deleted all the pics on my SD Card.
What color is my hair????
It all starts on Thursday....
LA-Boston.

Flower said...

Opps! Not good! I think there is a new keyboard in the future...wait...it's a laptop! UhO! Accidents do happen....we know, don't we!! :))
The vegis look fresh and organic!!
Good eating this week!

Allie said...

Oh dear! I hope the keyboard dries out okay. I've done it before too. It's awful! I wish the made computers beverage proof.

Anonymous said...

Poor Willow.... and no lovely hot cocoa either!

Elizabeth said...

I put a comment on your dog hair spinning on my blog today!
I think you should make it blue!

Kiti said...

Okay, this is SO something I would do.

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, NO! That's a tragic ending to a post that started off so well (OK, so maybe I'm a bit obsessed with yummy-looking produce)! I hope the keyboard clears up, and that there's more cocoa somewhere in the kitchen.

Barbara said...

No, not all over the keyboard. Hope the futon and carpet has cleaned up ok. Chocolate the worst to get out I think. Alan spilled a mug of chocolate by the bed on our cream carpet. I did everything to try and get it out to no avail. Some elderly friends suggested bio.soap powder and you know it worked better than all the modern stain removers.

Ally Jay said...

ubwrOh the horror of wasting such delicious chocolate. Hopefully the computer enjoyed it enough not to fry up.

kate smudges said...

I'm sorry to hear about the cocoa mishap - I hope the computer is okay and that you won't need a new keyboard.

Ah, what a waste of good chocolate.