Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Autumn Nostalgia and Coffee

Hodgepodge Day.  Click on the picture if you want to join in.  Edited to add:  I have no idea why my post is all wonky today.  Not a fan of the new blogger format!

 From this Side of the Pond
1. When is the last time you experienced nostalgia?  This morning.   Every day I miss my California friends.  And the beach.

 2. September 29th is National Coffee Day. Do we need this? Ha! So are you a coffee drinker? If so how many cups per day, and tell us how you like it. Is there a recipe you enjoy that calls for coffee as one of the ingredients?   {Raises hand}  Yes, I am a coffee drinker.  I like mine half-caf and diluted with unsweetened almond milk.  I experience a daily miracle.  Every morning, I eat a banana.  As I am holding the peel, shazaam! Suddenly, the peel turns into a cup of coffee that is made just the way I like it.  It's a miracle.  How does that happen?  Maybe my husband The Professor is a magician?

 

 3. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating? Explain. Praise is definitely my motivation.  If you thank me or praise me for something I have done, I will happily strive to do more and better.  Criticism will simply shut me down.

 4.  What's a television series you keep coming back to and re-watching?  I can't think of any TV series I would re-watch.  Maybe  I Love Lucy?   


 5. As the month of September draws to a close give us three words to describe your mood.   A. Bit. Impatient. I am impatient to move into my home.  By the end of October, we should be living in our home, unpacking our boxes, meeting new neighbors.  Can't wait! 
6. Insert your own random thought here.   I'm glad I'm knitting a warm wooly afghan today.  It's cold and windy.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Great answers Willow, that coffee recipe sounds delicious, and great words on mood! Thank you for sharing.
Sue.

Wendy said...

Yep the new Blogger is a bit unpredictable. It's turned much colder and wet here too. We seem to have gone from summer to winter overnight. I share your frustration over moving but I'm sure you will get there and can then start putting down roots and feeling better about it all.

Theresa said...

I do not like the new blogger either. It is hard to find features for design now. I am so glad you found a home! Have a great week :)

Mevely317 said...

I've not met anyone who hasn't experienced challenges with the new Blogger. Your coffee recipe sounds wonderful!

ellen b. said...

Sorry about the new blogger issues. I'm looking forward with you to see you in your new home!

Susan said...

Your coffee sounds interesting. I know you lived in California and you have moved. I hope to a place that is a lot cooler. I love the beach but don't go to often because of the traffic.

Joyce said...

I'm still trying to get my head around the new Blogger format too. Plus we need a new computer, so I am not sure if things are wonky because of the new format or the old computer. Ugh. The idea of getting a new computer is not appealing to me. I'd love for someone to just bring me one all ready to go : ) Enjoy your fall weather!

Anonymous said...

I just heard someone say that moving is the most stressful thing we can do! I think maybe they are at least partially correct. Only a few weeks now until you are in your home, with all your books, art, and coffee paraphernalia. Lol Mary

JanCT said...

You will have to share your warm wooly afghan with us when you finish as well as photos of your new home. Your coffee looks GOOD. My posts were wonky until I added a little extra step. When I copy Joyce's questions, I post them in a word document first. Then I copy and paste them from the document into Blogger. Works every time. (At least it did for me.) I am not super tech savvy, but I thought that tip might help.