It may be Friday evening, but it's still Friday. And it's still Friday Fave Fives time. Here are five blessings from this week, five things I am thankful for. Here's where I link up to Susanne's blog as she is our host: FRIDAY FAVE FIVES
1. A couple of cool-ER days. I'm not really getting used to the humidity in this climate, but at least there was a bit of a respite from it the end of the week.
2. American flag cleaning. One of the flags my USAR Chaplain son brought home from Afghanistan which he gave to his sister got water stains from the flooding at her house. We were able to take it to a dry cleaner's to have it cared for. AND the cleaners has a policy that they do not charge to clean an American flag! We'll definitely be frequent patrons of that shop.
3. We love botanic gardens and arboretums. There is an arboretum nearby and we became members there this week. There are so many trails and also numerous activities. AND our membership is reciprocal with more than 300 other gardens. Dawes Arboretum is great!
4. We learned a new skill this week. Our first tornado warning and watch. We heard the sirens and saw the scary clouds. But no tornado appeared, and we were safe. And then there was rain.
5. I love being able to keep in touch with our CA friends via zoom and skype. This morning I 'met' with my art group and we just chatted for over an hour. It was so wonderful to catch up and share that time with them. We've also joined our church's prayer meetings via zoom and watched Sunday services on you tube. We love still having those connections.