Friday, September 11, 2020

September Second Friday

It may be Friday evening, but it's still Friday.  And it's still Friday Fave Fives time.  Here are five blessings from this week, five things I am thankful for.  Here's where I link up to Susanne's blog as she is our host:  FRIDAY FAVE FIVES

1.  A couple of cool-ER days.  I'm not really getting used to the humidity in this climate, but at least there was a bit of a respite from it the end of the week.

2.  American flag cleaning.  One of the flags my USAR Chaplain son brought home from Afghanistan which he gave to his sister got water stains from the flooding at her house.  We were able to take it to a dry cleaner's to have it cared for.  AND the cleaners has a policy that they do not charge to clean an American flag!  We'll definitely be frequent patrons of that shop.

3.  We love botanic gardens and arboretums.  There is an arboretum nearby and we became members there this week.  There are so many trails and also numerous activities.  AND our membership is reciprocal with more than 300 other gardens.  Dawes Arboretum is great!

4.  We learned a new skill this week.  Our first tornado warning and watch.  We heard the sirens and saw the scary clouds.  But no tornado appeared, and we were safe.  And then there was rain.

5.  I love being able to keep in touch with our CA friends via zoom and skype.  This morning I 'met' with my art group and we just chatted for over an hour.  It was so wonderful to catch up and share that time with them.  We've also joined our church's prayer meetings via zoom and watched Sunday services on you tube.  We love still having those connections.

9 comments:

Faith said...

Did i miss something??? Are you in Ohio now?? As in you've moved already??

Was on vacation for three weeks so haven't caught up on blogs yet and school in person with 8 students has left me very busy this past week.

You're gonna love northeast autumn!!! I'm not sure where you are in Ohio but if you're close to the western NY Border you are about 7 hours west of me. I'm in the capital region of NYS...the eastern part of NY just below the Adirondacks/Lake Champlain.

Yes we had high humidity this summer and this past week but this morning it feels like autumn for sure!!

Yay for awesome nearby trails. I'll check out your link.

It's a good feeling to stay connected nnected with good friends. Will you be looking for a church in your new town?

Happy weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That Arboretum near you sounds great. Glad no tornado touched down. Tornado watches and warnings NOT something I enjoyed when we lived in the mid-west. Glad you are finding your way in Ohio and still keeping in touch with friends in California. I love that the cleaners will keep the American Flag looking good free of charge. have a good weekend!

Susanne said...

Yikes, that is definitely something new for you to learn to heed tornado watches and warnings. Glad this one didn't materialize. I love visiting plant conservatories, botanical gardens but don't think I've ever been to an arboretum. So cool that the cleaners did your flag for free and that you were able to get that very special flag cleaned. So nice that you are still able to connect like that with your friends and former church.

Wendy said...

I'm glad you're finding goood things about your new area but still keeping in touch with friends etc. Hope you get used to the weather too. (But not tornados!)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It sounds like you are making yourself at home in your new home. I’m glad there was no tornado. That must have been quite scary.

ellen b. said...

Glad things might be cooling down for you. Humidity and tornadoes oh my... :)
Glad you are finding good things to enjoy in the area. I'll click on the link after I post my comment. You made it out of the smoke just in time. It's awful. That's nice about the cleaners and the flag. Hope this new week goes well!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm glad to hear you are getting settled in your new state and going house hunting. It's nice you can keep in touch with your CA friends and church through Zoom. We use Zoom once a month to talk to old friends who live all over the US, and for some committee meetings in our community. I've never experienced a tornado--that would be very scary, I'm sure. I am familiar with the humidity from living in NYC--ugh! We had a dehumidifier in our basement that removed many gallons of water from the air every day in summer.

Gattina said...

It's a wonderful invention to be able to see and talk to familly and friends via Internet ! Our weather is crazy, it should be autumn and we have very high temperatures ! And without air condition, normally it's cool now ! I read in the first comment that you have moved and changed the State ? Are you getting used to your new home ?

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542