Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Falling in

From this Side of the Pond 
1. It's fall y'all. What's something you love about this season and also something you don't? 
        I'm learning my new climate.  So far, I have noticed that the humidity is gone.  I like that.  I've also seen that the leaves are starting to turn on the trees.  What don't I like?  When the season changes, allergies (especially for my daughter) kick in.

2. When you think of the colors of fall, which one is your favorite? Is there somewhere you could easily day trip to see the leaves in all their glory? Will you? 
        Honestly, I'm not a fall colors girl.  But I do love the color of all the goldenrod I am seeing (just not in my house). 

 Because of all the logistics of moving, I doubt we'll be going anywhere to sightsee.  But there are many parks and trails where we can walk and bike.  I'm sure we'll be doing that.

3. What's one thing you've let 'fall' by the wayside during this season of staying home and staying away? 
        Since our move, I haven't even pulled out my watercolor paints.

4. If you're wearing a sweater is it most likely a cardigan, crew neck, v-neck, or zip up hoodie? 
        Cardigan or crew neck for me.  And I'm a big fan of warm cozy sweatshirts.  And vests.

5. What's your secret to dealing with change? 
        Joshua 1:9 states, "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed. for the LORD your God is with you WHEREVER YOU GO."  I cling to that promise.  Life changes, but God is with me.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
        I've been thinking about autumn colors because everyone is talking about them.  Having lived more than half my life in either the tropics or a mediterranean climate, I didn't even think about fall colors.  As a child, I don't remember paying much attention to the changing colors.  Probably, that was because I lived among the evergreen trees of the Pacific North West.  Every day of our year we had deep forest green trees surrounding us.  Yes, there were deciduous trees, but my memories are of the Redwood and Douglas fir trees towering above me.  So, per #5, I will learn to embrace the change of colors and (maybe or maybe not) learn to like snow in the winter.

12 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh boy...this will be a big year of embracing seasons that are very different for you. Great verse from Joshua to steady the course! Happy Fall in Ohio to you!

Martha said...

I hope you are able to pull out you art supplies soon. Happy fall :)

Stacy said...

It must have been wonderful spending so much time in a Mediterranean climate. I would love to visit Italy and Greece. They look so beautiful in photos and movies. I have to say that I associate "fall" type colors with the Tuscan region for some reason. I hope you are enjoying and getting used to your new home. Happy fall!

Mevely317 said...

Vests ... yes! Hate to admit it, but 3 years later my hubby's still discovering 'treasures' he believed were lost in the move. Your childhood amongst those towering evergreens sounds magical.

Mama Squirrel said...

Good quote on change too!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Willow, I must have missed about your move and where you now live. I could have also said my painting has fallen off, but I can't really blame that on COVID 19. Hopefully, we both can get back to the paints soon. I appreciate your answer to #5 and totally agree. Without Him, where would we be.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that you are adjusting to your new home town. Great scripture. Truly one of my favorites. See you again soon!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Goldenrod is so pretty. I really like a cardigan. So you do watercolor, sounds lovely. I wish I could paint. As the colors start to change you will enjoy seeing them.

Cathy said...

I hope you will learn to love the pretty colors of fall!

Pamela said...

This is the time of year when I really miss New England. I love the Evergreen State but I do miss the fall foliage.

Cranberry Morning said...

Well here I finally am, Willow! Got some reason, not all comments are coming into my email inbox. I enjoyed your post and wish you the best in your move that will include winter. I'm pretty sure your winter will be far more mild than ours in Wisconsin. And what a change for you after years of a milder climate! Being a Wisconsin native, it is hard for me to even imagine living in the tropics or a mediterranean climate! Thank you for looking up Thirsk. My daughter took me to the UK in 2003 and I've made 9 subsequent trips there as well. It is such a delightful place to visit.

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542