Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Hodgepodge 1 in September

September 2020
Let's hope and pray that this month  brings beauty, peace and joy to everyone.
Here are some fun questions to review in your mind as you read my answers.

From this Side of the Pond

 1. The Hodgepodge lands on the second day of a brand new month. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in September.

        In September, I am looking forward to finding a home and moving in to it!


2. Do you enjoy browsing second-hand shops? Last thing you bought or 'inherited' second hand?

        I don't particularly enjoy shopping in general, so I seldom browse second-hand shops or any shops (except grocery stores and garden stores!).  However, last winter, just before Covid put an end to all shopping, I had a day out with my art group friends.  After spending a couple of hours at a nearby art museum and eating lunch at a favorite local restaurant, we visited some thrift stores.  My friend noticed a turquoise long sleeved Eddie Bauer t-shirt and identified it as "Willow's color and type".  Yup.  I bought it.  Love it.

3. Something you had second thoughts about after committing to, purchasing, or posting/commenting  online? 
    
        I always have second thoughts after I have ordered clothing items for myself online.  I finally bought a pair of my usual walking shoes this summer.  Second thoughts all the time until they arrived.  Fortunately, they fit.

4. What's a product or service you use that you'd rate as second to none?

        There's nothing to rival Mary's Gone Crackers--the original ones!

5. Something you do so often or that comes so naturally to you it's second nature ?

        Knitting.  I knit in the dark.  I knit when I'm half asleep.  I knit in the car.  My children have accused me of knitting while I drive.  Nope.  I only knit at red lights and stop signs.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

        I am a second child. (So is my husband, The Professor.)  I have been so very blessed my whole life that I have an older brother who, while he teased me and got annoyed with me, has loved me, protected me, and guided me through our lives.  Case in point: he still calls me regularly to check up on me and to just chat.  How many older brothers do that?

17 comments:

Joyce said...

I have an older brother too. The only boy in a family of four children and we sisters all think he is the best. Happy knitting : )

Theresa said...

Aww, you have a great big brother! I have noticed people who knit or crochet seem like they can do it with their eyes closed. Glad your shoes fit. I buy clothes and shoes online all the time. I don't like shopping in stores much anymore. Have a great week :)

Stacy said...

I'm an only child so I think it's great that you have such a wonderful older brother looking out for you! It's so fun when you find that treasure made just for you at a thrift shop. Good luck on your house hunt. I hope you find the perfect fit!

Mevely317 said...

LOL-ing about the knitting at red lights. That would have SO been my mother. I, too, am an only child, but my son's seems to be growing in the role of my protector. Perhaps he's concerned since turning 70 y/0 I might be falling in mental decline. LOL!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

You sound like me and crocheting, I rekindled my love of it during the Covid. Hoping you find just the perfect house.

Susan said...

I can only knit a single stitch. One year I made everyone a scarf with that stitch. It was the pretty yarn that made it nice. My mom loved the scarfs I made her. Now I use my yarn for crafting. I hope you find the home you are looking for. At least you are missing the heat and fires we are having.

Cranberry Morning said...

I have two older brothers. Pretty nice, now that we're all much older. Lol. I'd love to have your knitting skills! I have knows several items from hats to sweaters, but I'm just not consistent with it. Maybe I could set a goal for myself this winter. I even knitted a few cute animals, but once the knitting party was done, I lost interest in putting them together. I had a basket full of pigs and sheep parts until I downsized and finally pitched them.

ellen b. said...

It's my youngest siblings that do that for me. I'm glad you have a good relationship with your only brother. Sweet. Laughing about your answer to #5 and I'm not surprised since I've seen your skill!

Gracie Saylor said...

Willow, may the Lord bless every phase of your move to and home finding in Ohio! I had no brothers, but two loving older sisters and I'm so glad you have a loving older brother!

songbird's crazy world said...

That shirt sounds like a great find

threesidesofcrazy said...

I've never heard of those crackers. Where do you buy them. I love to try new things.

Willow said...

Threesidesofcrazy, I first found Mary's Gone Crackers at Costco. I have bought them at Sprout's and Target and seen them at Kroger and Walmart.

Nonnie said...

I've not heard of the crackers you mentioned. I wish you good luck with finding the right house. I am in the process of moving also.

Wendy said...

You're lucky to have a brother that looks out for you. I have two older brothers who I'm sure would come running if I asked them too but for various reasons we're not really close. You're a much more skilled knitter than I am - I need light, instructions etc lol. Good luck with finding your home.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good luck with finding a place to move into. I totally understand the second thoughts or shopping online. That cracker definitely sounds nutritious. Wow, that's really something about your knitting. That is very sweet of your brother.
Thank you for stopping over and telling me about your recent trip, along with the safety of it. We will definitely be wiping things down, wearing masks when needed and being extremely careful.

JanCT said...

I have never knit. I did crochet a blanket once, but it fell apart! How lovely that your brother has always looked out for you!
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542