Friday, September 18, 2020

Getting Adjusted

Lately, all I have been thinking about is how to adjust to my new life. There are so many blessings in these changes and adjustments. Here are My Five Faves for Willow's Week. Susanne is always faithful to host Friday Fave Fives. THIS LINK will take you to her blog and you can join the gratitude girls.

1. Better weather. Less humidity. I kinda hope we don't get 'second summer' and more humidity. Ohio, please give me a few months to adjust to cold before you hit me with the humidity again.

2. The roses in my daughter's garden are blooming. I've been picking a few and placing them in a mason jar where she can see them as she sits with her leg elevated. I would love to post a photo but my camera has stopped talking to my computer, or maybe my computer has stopped talking to my camera.

3. Knitting is happening. Again...no photos. I started another diagonal block afghan using autumn shades of left over sock yarn. It's a fun and easy pattern and so colorful and will be warm and cozy this fall.

4. If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know we love farmers markets. There is a great one on Saturday morning here. Yay! The only difference with our Saturday market in CA is that this one closes down the end of October and doesn't go all winter long. But we are savoring our wonderful fresh local veggies for now.

5. I saved the best til the last. We have found a home! If all goes well, we will be living in our home before the end of October! I just can't wait!

Bonus: A younger woman we knew during our Indonesia days (she was a missionary kid and lived in the dorm with my children) posted this excellent statement on facebook.

A good meal can be made better by a happy and grateful attitude while eating.

And I would add, good conversation.


8 comments:

Faith said...

I love your faves list!!

We most likely won't get many humid days this autumn here on the Right Coast ( as my inlaws call it in Boston) but we will get some more hot summer like days,,...we call it Indian summer. It's usually mid October although one year it extended into November and i LOVE it and pray for it because it makes for perfect hiking weather. Chilly mornings, warm days and NO bugs or sweat!!!!

Congrats on the home!! Can't wait to hear about it!!

I wish i knew how to knit..l.lbut i honestly don't think i could sit still that long!!!

Happy late summer weekend!!

Mevely317 said...

Congratulations on locating a new place. I love how you're already referring to it as a 'home' and not just a 'house.' 'Looking forward to more good news in this new season of your lives!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi - so glad to hear that you have found a home, and that you are enjoying getting to know your new area. Have a good weekend!

ellen b. said...

Oh hooray! Glad to hear you have found a home! Great news.

Gattina said...

I thought you had moved already ! and now I read that you found a new home ! I hope you will be as happy as I am in our new home, I don't miss our house at all ! But I pity you with the move ! that's a lot of work !! Especially as we belong to the vintage generation !

Anonymous said...

An autumn colored afghan sounds like a wonderful fall project. Just the thing to enjoy doing in front of a lovely wood fire. (Didn’t I hear you say that was on your “must have” list?) Mary

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Congratulations on your new home! Very exciting. Love the quote.

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542