Friday, September 25, 2020

Autumn is truly here

Happy Friday!  Here is Willow's Week with Friday Fave Fives.  Thank you, Susanne, for always hosting this wonderful way to focus on giving thanks and being grateful.   Here's the LINK TO JOIN IN.

1.  Haircut!  First time in ten months. No more covid hair.  No explanation needed.

2.  I drank my one and only pumpkin spice latte this week.  I allow myself ONE each year.  Gotta admit.  It was delicious.

3.  Home purchase is moving along.  Here in the US, an inspection is done to determine if there are any repairs that need to be made and who pays for them.  Our inspection is done and we are mostly done negotiating some minor issues.  The best part?  The house is in very good condition.

4.  We took our younger grandson on a walk along the bike trail.  There is a connector to the trail just a block from our new home!  I think this trail is going to be well used by us!

Some photos from our walk

Goldenrod blooming along the creek


Getting their ducks all in a row

The tree leaves are beginning to change their colors.

5.  On Saturday we visited a community garden where volunteers plant, tend and grow vegetables to teach community people to love homegrown food and grow their own gardens.  We harvested kale and carrots.  Yum!  Together We Grow Gardens is a great community resource.  Local schools, including my grandson's, have gardens, too.  I'm pleased to see all the efforts that people are making to bring homegrown food to people's gardens.

I hope you are enjoying these early autumn days. 

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."  Albert Camus

10 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

That's great news that the house is in such good condition. I did have one haircut from my dear daughter-in-law. I'm wondering if she's up for another one. :-) That's so neat that you have nice places to walk at the new house. The community garden sounds like a great idea, too.

Mevely317 said...

Beautiful images! I hear ya on the pumpkin spice. I'm not fond of the lattes, but only allow myself one slice of pumpkin pie each year. Just enough to satisfy. (Then again, this is 2020 so who knows what will happen?)

Sue said...

WoW, Willow you have great will power,just one a season, I enjoy pumpkin spice lattes,too, congratulations on your new home!
There is something so special about growing your own fruits and veggies, the community gardens are a great idea!
Have a great weekend.
Sue

Faith said...

I love pumpkin brownies me bred and muffins and that is IT!! I think I've tried every brand of pumpkin spice coffee in latte and regular form and i just cannot like it!! ( my downfall is Starbucks caramel macchiato or even better one from Spot Coffee).

Congrats on the house not needing many repairs!

And yay for time in nature on a nice trail!!

Happy weekend!!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a wonderful idea to grow gardens together as a community. Lovely to be able to live so close to such a nice trail.

ellen b. said...

I'm happy for that trail close your new home and for the fact that your new place is in good condition. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely fall pictures. So glad you house purchase is coming along. Glad the place is in great condition. Great to spend time with your grandson. - so glad you will be living so near to family.Will look forward to pictures of your new place once you are moved in and settled. Have a good weekend.

Karen said...

It sounds like you are getting settled right in to your new community! Finding the gardens, a house that sounds so promising, and being close to your family. I always like the idea of a pumpkin latte, and they do smell good. But, I've learned to stick with pumpkin bread -- however, not just one piece per season;)

Wendy said...

Glad to hear things are progressing with your house. It will good to be able to sort out your own things and get settled.

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542