It has been a mostly quiet week here at Willow's Cottage. Not boring; just quiet. I like weeks like this. Here are some FRIDAY FAVE FIVES from Willow's Week. Follow that link to read and share with others.
1. Now I can explain the hint I mentioned in last week's Friday Fave Fives about getting information from some new friends. This is what has excited us. The New Boy (who is no longer new at all) asked his mother if he could switch to homeschool this semester. The result is that The Professor and I are back in the teaching positions. We homeschooled our own children, and it feels good and normal to be teaching our grandson.
2. We've had some sunny. albeit cold, days, so you all know what that means. Yes! Walks! Outside activities like walking and hiking are PE, right? So our walks along the river are logged as PE time.
3. I am thankful for quiet evenings, too. We have just finished watching all the Inspector Morris episodes. I appreciate being able to sit and knit and watch a captivating movie or show from the comfort of my own home.
4. Sunday evening we had the opportunity to help prepare and serve meals at the local Salvation Army. Older Daughter and New Boy were there helping, too. I love that serving others is a gift that is being passed on through our generations.
5. Dr. Mike, our younger son, had a birthday this week. Although we can't celebrate with him in person, we called and talked to him and wished him a happy day.
Not every week is exciting. But every week has blessings to discover!