Friday, January 18, 2008

Announcements, Announcements, Announcements!

Do you remember the tests for which I was madly studying and cramming in November and early December? I had to take all three sections of the CTEL (Certificiation for Teaching English Learners) for the State of California in one day. It cost me big bucks to register and take the tests. If I didn't pass the tests, I'd have to 1) retake them in June 2008 and pay the big bucks again, and 2) possibly lose my position because I did not have the required certifications for the job.


I knew the unofficial scores would be posted today and I had not decided whether I would even go to the internet site and look. I was not real confident about at least one of the tests. Finally, this afternoon I took myself firmly in hand and reminded myself that it is better to know the worst than keep wondering. So I opened my email to scroll down and find the email that had my registration number and there in my inbox were three emails telling me my scores were unofficially published.


I opened the first one: pass.


I opened the second one: pass!


I opened the third one: PASS!!


People, I passed ALL THREE of the tests! I am so relieved!


So, tonight, The Professor is bringing home a pizza! In our family, we have traditionally celebrated milestones with pizza or a congratulatory meal provided by the person who achieved the milestone.


Tonight the pizza's on me!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know you studied hard- enjoy your pizza!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!

kate said...

Now that is simply wonderful!! Kudos to you for passing all three exams - brilliant and talented woman you.

Enjoy the pizza ... and have a wonderful weekend!

ellen b. said...

Congratulations Willow! You should feel good about this accomplishment. So where do you get your take home pizza?
:) We ate at El Tecolote tonight. Have you eaten there? I'm such a wondering fool....

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!

roxie said...

Yayyyy! You know, of course, that you were the only one who was worried.

What do you like on your pizza?

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hooray! Hooray! and congratulations, what a load off your mind! You must feel really great about having that requirement taken care of.

Enjoy your pizza. CT and I will drink a toast to you (probably with iced tea) at dinner, we are celebrating a milestone birthday for him (a few days early). Being a former teacher, he will appreciate what it means that you have passed.

Bethany said...

Yeah Willow!!!!! I am so happy for you! I DO remember all of your hard work and all you wanted to do was knit (or anything else!LOL). I think you need to celebrate all weekend!! Big hugs!

Heather said...

Congrats! Enjoy the pizza. It's cocoa and fuzzy slippers for me.

Knitting Linguist said...

Whoo-hoo!!! Congratulations! I think you can order extra toppings on that pizza, you deserve it :)

Kiti said...

Haha, Willow told me she passed all three of her tests, and instead of getting all excited for her, I said, "Well, OF COURSE you passed your tests, Mom! You're the only one who doubted that you would." Because I always expected that she would. Then I remembered I was supposed to be congratulating her, and I did. =P

Beatriz said...

Yay! Congratulations! Have a wonderful weekend!

annmarie said...

Congratulations! By the way, I saw your comment on another blog about the Fake Fair Isle hat. The pattern is at magknits.com in the November 06 issue. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Willow!

Mary said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad you passed all three. I KNEW you could do it.

Blessings,
Mary