Friday, November 30, 2007

Green Sweater

The green sweater has been mailed off, but I have some photos to show you and since Blogger is being nice to me today, I have been able to upload them.


The pullover is made from Brown Sheep Company's Cotton Fleece (80% cotton/20% merino wool), Wild Sage.



Knit 2, purl 2 ribbing throughout with cute little mock cables on the v-neck, cuffs, and hem.







Cables on the V-neckline






Cables and buttons on the cuffs






and on the side at the hemline.






I like the detailing on the neck. After picking up stitches around the neck, I knit six rows of stockinette and instead of binding off, I folded the edging and sewed the live stitches to the inside of the neck on the pick-up row.

This sweater was fun to knit, especially since it is a gift for my dear daughter Kiti. It was also a quick knit. And I love the green color, just right for Christmas.

It rained today. We really need the rain, and it did sound so cozy. I woke this morning to the tap, tap of the raindrops on the roof, reminding me of the rainy mornings of my childhood in Oregon. This afternoon after running errands to the post office, sewing machine repair shop and Trader Joe's, we stopped to sit a bit, have some coffee comfort while I read another chapter in TCLADH.

And then this evening we watched The Solid Gold Cadillac, a black and white movie, a comedy about a young woman who foils the attempts of crooked tycoons trying to take over a company in which she owns a mere ten shares of stock. What a cute movie, and the best part is the last scene that shows a lady sitting in the stockholders' meeting knitting a pair of socks.

8 comments:

jaeyde said...

beautiful sweater! :)

*puts it on the list to try one day*

roxie said...

Lovely sweater! You do such beautifuk work!

Well, it's about time that rainstorm I ordered for you got delivered. Shipping is so slow right now. Glad you liked it.

roxie said...

Typing one-handed with kitten on lap. You do BEAUTIFUL work!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That's a gorgeous sweater, and I love the color too. Once upon a time I actually learned how to knit and made myself a sweater, about 40 years ago! I admire those who knit and crochet and cross stitch. I have never developed the habit. My mom loved all those, and quilting too.

Barbara said...

I continue to be amazed at how neat and even your knitting is. How do you manage that?
The lace knitted 'star' shape on the side bar is beautiful.
Glad you got some rain. Wish I could send you some of ours.
I am not aware of a magazine focusing on 'renters'.
As to the other comment for which I than you, the Bible does tell us that His strength is made perfect inour weakness.

Mary said...

Willow,

I love the green sweater. The shade is perfect. You've done a wonderful job. Thanks so much for sharing. That sweater will keep your daughter cozy and warm.

Blessings,
Mary

Heather said...

All I can say is WOW!

Robin said...

Oh thankyou! I ordered that issue of the magazine - I'm probably crazy to try it- but it is so pretty!