Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Wedding

The wedding The Professor and I attended on Saturday afternoon was a joyous celebration. The bride was truly radiant!
I loved the basket of hydrangeas that welcomed us to the reception room.
The foundation flowers of the table arrangements were actually grass.
The wedding cake wasn't a cake. There was a small top layer with the words Live Love Laugh written in icing around the edge. But all the rest of the cake was -- cupcakes. Vanilla, chocolate, red velvet. Decorated with the same autumn flowers placed everywhere in the reception room. The photos aren't all in focus. I had to snap quick shots before the guests grabbed the cupcakes and ate them all.








Congratulations, Ron and Sharon!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Interesting and different.

Heather said...

Those cupcakes... yumo. It looks like a grea time. And beautiful flowers. Thanks for the sweet birthday message.

Mary said...

When I ordered the cake for my Mom's 80th birthday in September, they asked me if I wanted a cupcake cake. The ice the entire top, but guests can easily take one of the cupcakes. I declined and had a traditional cake. However, I would consider this type of cake for my grandsons' birthdays. They'd love it.

Lovely photos.

Bethany said...

What a great idea... and it looks so pretty from your photos! Glad to hear you had a great time!!

kate said...

I would have loved to have tasted those cupcakes. What a great idea ... the hydrangeas were beautiful too!