Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Meme To Fill Out While Procrastinating

1. Name one person who made you laugh last night. The Professor.



2.What were you doing at 0800? Making myself finish getting ready for the day. I'm supposed to leave the house about 0800.



3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Talking on the phone with MamaMia.



4. What happened to you in 2006? That was the year when I asked The Professor in October if one could die of stress. Daughter's wedding on Sept 23, receptions on Sept 29 and Oct 7, moving said daughter to San Diego County (twice, Oct and Dec), moving The Prof. and self on Oct 15, son's wedding on Nov 11 in Arizona.



5. What was the last thing you said out loud? "What did you ask me?" to The Professor.



6. How many beverages did you have today? One cup of coffee, part of a travel mug of coffee, two bottles of water, glass of smoothie.



7. What color is your hairbrush? Brown with a little gold ring around the end.



8. What was the last thing you paid for? Christmas pressies from a guy who had the stuff on display in the teachers' lunchroom. I asked the secretary, "Do you trust me? Can I borrow $2 until tomorrow?"



9. Where were you last night? Home with The Professor, sitting on the futon, knitting and watching Jeopardy, Bones and a UCLA basketball game.



10 What color is your front door? Umm, not sure, gotta go check...yup, it's white.



11. Where do you keep your change? In my wallet.



12.What’s the weather like today? High 80s. Sunny and breezy, I'm thinking the Santa Ana Winds are wanting to start up again.



13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Chocolate. Chocolate with anything but peanut butter mixed in it. Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato from a gelato store near the Coliseum in Rome.



14. What excites you? The beach, a good book, a great knitting pattern and yarn, a vacation trip, mail, my husband and children, the idea of having grandchildren, watching a kid 'get it' while reading.



15. Do you want to cut your hair? Yes! Last haircut I got was terrible and I am NOT going to HER again. Time to get it done so it will look good at Thanksgiving.



16. Are you over the age of 25? heheh, I always tell my students, "You never ask a lady her age!"



17. Do you talk a lot? I guess I do. My daughter once told me I'm quite loquacious.



19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Yep, yep, yep, three of them.



20. Do you make up your own words? Yes, it's a game with The Professor and me. Magoola-boola--animal poop. Wawa--wallet. Picture squeak--picturesque.



21. Are you a jealous person? Sometimes. Don't nobody mess with The Professor!



22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’. Alice, my knitting friend. Anne, the young woman at the lys.



23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Kristie, my wonderful walking buddy!



24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? MamaMia.



25. What does the last text message you received say? No idea. I know I have one stored that MamaMia sent that starts, Mommy, I love you... but I don't text message people.



26. Do you chew on your straw? No. I wash and reuse them so I never mess them up.



27. Do you have curly hair? I used to have straight hair, but lately it's getting a little wavy. It's nice because I always wanted curly hair.



28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Does going for a walk count? Otherwise, to school tomorrow morning at 0800. See #2.



29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? I don't pay much attention.



30. What was the last thing you ate? My blueberry/strawberry smoothie.



31. Will you get married in the future? Did it once in the past, am still married, no intentions of doing it again. The Professor and I are going to die together so we don't have to live alone.



32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? Hysterical laughter. Anyone who knows me is also laughing hysterically. I watch movies but never have ANY memory of the names, plots or characters. I'll ask The Professor. Oh yeah, he said The Ten Commandments with Yul Brunner as Pharoah, you know the old one. The Professor has a life goal of watching all the Academy Award winners for all the categories, so I watch a lot of movies with him. Maybe it's because I am also knitting or spinning at the same time that I don't remember them.



33. Is there anyone you like right now? I like lots of people. I like the teacher I work with, most of my neighbors, many of my relatives. This must be one of those teeny bopper questions.



36. Did you cry today? Nope. I was thinking about Chaplain Dan leaving soon for the Middle East and I got a little teary eyed, but no I didn't cry.



37. Why did you answer and post this? Because I am sitting here on the futon again, resting after my morning with the kindergarteners, still nursing the cold one of them gave me two weeks ago.



38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. Let's see. How about



Bethany at Red Yarn

Sherida who just had a baby boy and is home now and has time to blog

Sara at Much Ado About Something

Monica in her Forever House

MamMia or Kiti who probably don't have time to spend on it

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Where were you last night? Home with The Professor, sitting on the futon, knitting and watching Jeopardy, Bones and a UCLA basketball game"

Well now I know why I was sitting alone at Palermo's last night! lol

Enjoyed your list- it's funny- I don't like choclate ice cream UNLESS it as peanut butter mixed in!

Kristin

kate said...

I enjoyed reading this Willow ... it's fun learning more about you!

Barbara said...

Fun to read this and get to know y ou a little better.