Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Afternoon Tea

Yesterday I decided to make our family's favorite rolls because it was gray and because freshly baked bread is John's favorite smell.
This recipe was my Grandma Rylander's. So these are Grandma Rylander Rolls. Unfortunately, they aren't really. I ran out of unbleached flour and had to use 1/2 whole wheat flour. And then I got distracted and put in two eggs instead of one. People, I have made this recipe hundreds of times and I put in too many eggs. Do you know what? It was okay. They're delicious. Maybe the heavier whole wheat flour needed the extra binding agent of the second egg.


These rolls are best served warm, with a pat of butter.




Twining's Earl Grey tea is a good complementing drink.



Enjoy your tea while listening to four new cds and crocheting the edgings on the last six granny square blocks.

1 comment:

roxie said...

Lucky John! Nothin' says lovin' like somthing from the oven! Thanks for sharing withus. I especially like that it's low calorie for me!