Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Day Four

Hot Chocolate is my comfort food. Some days, like today, I need my hot chocolate. Because of confidentiality issues, I cannot elaborate, but sad things happen in my work, and while most days are happy and joyful, once in a while we have a hard day. As a teacher, I have to be the strong and calming influence, but when I get home, I sit with my cup of comfort and let my mind and emotions work through the sadness to acceptance and some manner of understanding.


Which brings me to my thankful thought for today. I am thankful that I had really good parents. They wanted me and loved me and sacrificed for my best interests. And for that I am eternally grateful.

12 comments:

ellen b. said...

That is a blessing for sure and something to thank God for!

Anonymous said...

Yes, a nice cup of tea or cocoa can be a blessing.
Oddly, the only other place I've seen Jeff de Bruges is in Marrakesh.

Flower said...

I can add that I'm thankful for the parents you had, too! It's nice to have so many memories that bring comfort and peace! They were an example of love to many!!
Drinking hot cocoa is a good pill!

Anonymous said...

Sending comforting thoughts your way.

Kiti said...

I'm thankful for hot cocoa and for mocha. As you well know.

Word verification: Ouggilie. Sounds like it would be the last name of the local eccentric painter/historian in some quaint English village in an Agatha Christie novel.

S said...

I don't have any hot cocoa, but I do have some fancy chocolate squares my youngest bought for me today that I am very grateful for.

Knitting Linguist said...

I'm so sorry that today was one of the tough ones. You most definitely deserve both your hot chocolate and your blessings!

violetlady said...

Mmmm, hot chocolate. I am not a coffee drinker, but I do like a cup of tea. I don't know why I don't think of making hot chocolate more. It is truly comforting.

roxie said...

Blessings and love to the little one. What you aren't saying makes my heart cry. Cocoa and hugs to you, you compassionate dear.

Lovella ♥ said...

Willow, the lil' farm hand is napping with William right now, and I think I'll make a cup of hot chocolate for his mommy and I and ponder your post. . .blessings my friend.

Flower said...

Just think..some people live their entire lives without seeing the Oscar Mayer weiner mobile!! So sad! I think the lambs were in the barn!! It was not a nice day.
Didn't the pictures turn out well for the conditions! I think I was more thrilled with that than anything!!

Bethany said...

Just pray that God is in control of that situation. Sometimes hardships just make us stronger and better human beings... especially children. I hope you realize what a positive influence you are in those children's lives!!!