Monday, November 03, 2008

Day Three

I had a hard time deciding what to choose for my thankfulness post today. There are so many things! When I start listing my blessings and what I'm thankful for, I keep remembering others and that leads to thinking of yet more blessings!

I finally decided on this:


I'm thankful for yummy autumn vegetables like ACORN SQUASH! I would show you a photo of the squash I roasted this afternoon with butter and salt, the squash halves looking like green and yellow boats floating in the metal pan, but, well, we ate them. I think I could eat baked acorn squash every day during autumn!


However, I don't want you to read this post today and go away wishing for a photo, so here is a picture of autumn colors: a little mushroom peeking out from a blanket of fallen and dried leaves.


I'm expecting a little wee folk to pop out from under the 'shroom and hop up on the button head and wave at me!

9 comments:

ellen b. said...

Yum acorn squash! Good eye seeing the shroom in amidst all those skinny leaves...

Unknown said...

Acorn squash...I am not sure about that, what is it? Must have been good I am sure :D

Tracy said...

Acorn squash and mushrooms...two very wonderful things to be thankful for...mmm...Happy Eating ((HUGS))

roxie said...

I love my squash with butter and honey.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Willow

Mmmm..I love roasted squash!

My daughter-in-law loved the knitted bunny! He was passed around to all the guests at the baby shower with lots of "Ous and Ahhs"! Now he's sitting in a corner of the crib awaiting the little one's arrival! :-) One more month -- or less!
Hugs, Pat

Islandsparrow said...

Love acorn squash too! With a tiny bit of brown sugar added to the butter - mmm mm!

S said...

OK, now I'm hungry! Don't you just love fall food?

Knitting Linguist said...

Mmm...winter squash... :)

Bethany said...

I love your imagination!