Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Thankful Month, Day Final

November has been a wonderful month of thanksgiving. I have thoroughly enjoyed focusing my blog posts on giving thanks. On this, the last day of November, I do not want to stop being thankful. It is said that it takes a month to develop a habit and I like to think that this month of intentional thanksgiving has jump-started a habit of gratitude in my thoughts and actions.

And so today, I am thankful that Rebecca started this focus on her blog and encouraged others to follow her example. I am also thankful for the source of all thankfulness, The One Who will be the focus of our thoughts in December, during Advent Season. We will light our first advent candle this evening.


O Emmanuel, Jesus Christ,
desire of every nation,
Savior of all peoples,
come and dwell among us.

9 comments:

Flower said...

We join you in the celebration of Advent. What a wonderful tradition and way in which to enter a time of great joy!

Yolanda said...

I plan to do some form of this myself.

Anonymous said...

Hi Willow, thank you for posting your "thanks" series. It helped me to think of the good from the days instead of the things I haven't got done yet in the run up to Christmas.

roxie said...

Peace and joy to you!

ellen b. said...

Amen!

Heather said...

Happy Late Turkey Day. I'm thankful for you!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

It's nice to keep the focus where it should be over the holidays ~

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I enjoyed your monthod thankfulness, Willow

Bethany said...

:) I love advent!