Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Fave Five

It's Friday! Time for Friday's Fave Five hosted by Susanne.


1. I enjoyed my weekend kitty sitting. I went down to the beach and felt the warm sand on my feet.


2. Ellen often mentions our afternoon walks. They are a fave part of many of my days. We walk and talk and laugh and count our steps and photograph whatever catches our eyes.

Bumblebees napping in the Iceberg roses

Deer family we see almost every day



A hawk keeping an eye out for an unwary mouse or squirrel
We have seen a road runner twice recently, but my photographs of him are always blurry. You'll have to visit her blog to see him. Beep, beep!

3. The parents of the first grade classes at my school brought a Thanksgiving feast to school today. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, salads, rolls, pumkin pies! I took the opportunity to meet several moms and dads and enjoyed getting to know them. Since I'm not the main classroom teacher I don't always meet the parents so it was a good chance for me to do so.

4. I have been reading Three Cups of Tea in the evenings before bed. I am enjoying the book; so far it seems so very encouraging. Because my children are Third Culture Kids as is Greg Mortenson, it is interesting for me to read a book written from a TCK's perspective.


5. The New Boy is learning things every day! I love watching him rise to his knees, clap his hands, try to balance and rebalance himself (and sometimes fall over). He has also discovered why we peel lemons before we eat them.


Have a FAVE weekend!

11 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hee, hee, love New Boy with the lemon. Is that the lemon we picked up on our walk? Have a great weekend Willow!!

Willow said...

Yes, he saw it on the counter and lunged for it and his mom said, let him have it!

Anonymous said...

I love your #5 caption, Willow. Maybe he'll turn into a chef and then lemon zest will be very important! Happy weekend.

Jen said...

Love the baby and the lemon, very cute.
Have a great weekend!

mom2triplets04 said...

love all your pictures. I posted my first 5 this week as well but was doing so while backing up my computer so no photos. Maybe once I free up some disk space I can post photos too.

Mama Mia said...

Hubby and I want to see the last picture in the lemon series... the one where he has the sour lemon face! ;oP Glad you are enjoying Three Cups of Tea-- more uplifting than The Kite Runner, huh?

Loves!

Marg said...

I've enjoyed catching up on your thankful posts for the month of November. Great Idea.
That little boy of yours is sure growing.
I can't wait to see Charles and Charlotte.

roxie said...

You eat lemons? Ohhh Puckerupagus!

Susanne said...

Is that a lemon the New boy is teething on? My oldest loved lemons too. I think it was because they were cold from the fridge but then when she was preschool she loved to eat lemon slices from her grandma's tea. LOL.

Putting your toes into nice beach sand seems like such a lovely thing to do at the end of November. :v)

Marg said...

Willow, I see my little bunny..popping up all over the place. and yes, you were the winner of the Base Cove question....
You will receive something via mail, who knows when...but I'm working on it...(that's what I used to always tell my professor, when he asked how my projects were coming along)
Am excited to meet Charles.

Bethany said...

cute, cute, cute... he's a cutie! I can't wait to read that book too! We have some hawks and deer here too (I'm afraid that might be a problem when we get chickens!)